Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2012 4:55:39 PM EDT
So, I just got my first stamp and got my SBR engraved.  There is now exposed metal.  Should I krylon it or do anything else to protect the receiver from rusting?  

Obligatory pics of said SBR. It now has a sling and light.  I am just waiting on my Aimpoint T-1 and BattleComp.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:08:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I used aluminium black on mine.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:42:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Your reviver is aluminum and wont rust.... If you don't like the shiny engraving the Birch Wood Casey Aluminum Black works good
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:49:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.  I'll pick some up.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:48:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Your reviver is aluminum and wont rust.... If you don't like the shiny engraving the Birch Wood Casey Aluminum Black works good

that's what I used
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:21:48 PM EDT
[#5]
was it mechanically engraved? (with a cutting bit)

The company that does mine laser engraves and it doesn't matter what the metal is it always looks the same, almost like a slightly off white flat paint has been applied in the depression, but there is nothing in there, to my knowledge.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 4:30:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah....what they said...

BUT...You are putting a Battlecomp on that SRB!! WOW....that beast is going to sound like a tank going off!
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

BUT...You are putting a Battlecomp on that SRB!! WOW....that beast is going to sound like a tank going off!

It'll take the muzzle rise perfectly!
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 11:11:17 PM EDT
[#8]
This works fine, Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black  

Finish must be 100% oil free. Let it soak in. The finish is flat black when done.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 6:52:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

BIG bada boom.  Teeth rattling goodness

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top