Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2002 12:49:46 PM EDT
I am still shopping for a AR15 and looked at a Professional Ordanance today, very light and pricey, what are the opinions of the Forum experts?  

So far I have narrowed my search to RRA and Bushmaster.

Thanks,

77Bronc
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 4:38:31 PM EDT
[#1]
If you don't want to waste your money,  stick with your narrowed choices.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 4:52:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Had a model 97. It went back to the factory 3 times.  Still didn't work right.  Paid $1000 for it, sold it for $650 and felt lucky.

Moral of my story:  Stay far, far away from them.

Edited to add; Welcome to AR15.com!
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 5:27:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't ever buy Professional Ordnance. They have only made one functioning rifle, and I own it. So if you were lucky enough to be me than its a great gun. But, you are not and they never have nor never will make another functioning rifle. Or so I am told. I like the Pro Ordnance but Bushmaster is still my favorite, I like to feel the weight of the gun in my hands.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:46:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought one about a year ago. And that was before I had seen all the negative posts on them. My first time shooting it, it jammed the first three shots and after the third shot the extractor broke.Hmmm, I wasn't very happy, especially after seeing all the negatives AFTER it broke! I sent the broken extractor in to them where they sent me a all new bolt and now my fears go away more and more everytime I shoot it. I have got about 1000 rounds through it and it  shoots great without no malfunctions. I love the weight of it, or lack thereof and I installed a red dot, and it a great shooter. Maybe I also got on of the only ones but I love mine. It won't take the place of my colt, but I am happy.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:56:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought a carbon 15 pistol when they first came out.It never left the box till i saw all the negative postings on them.I took it out to the range ran 200 + rounds through it and never had a problem.I did use thermolds which seemed to fit much better.

Link Posted: 3/9/2002 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the heads up, I will take the advise of experienced users, I am never one to re-invent the wheel.

The two choices that I have are the RRA 16" Flat Top or the Bushmaster 16" with Aluminum Handguard.

I am also leaning towards the new Leupold red dot scope.

Thanks,

77Bronc
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 7:25:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Ordnance!

OrdNANCE!

ORDNANCE!!!

Professional ORDNANCE

PLEASE!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top