Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2001 6:39:56 PM EDT
I have read a few posts with people having problems with their Romanian SAR-1 rifles having canted front sights.  How many people out there have run into this problem?  Is there an at home fix for this or will it be a gunsmith only fix.  I have just ordered an SAR-1 and I hope it will be ok but I am bracing myself for problems.  I'll be posting this on the AK board also.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 6:44:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Ask this at ak.ar15.com and at www.ak-47.net/vb/ and you will get much more exposure and help.

For me, mine was just fine.  For some, it means they have to adjust the front sight all the way to the left or right of the front sight tower.  It's not that big of a deal.  If you want it perfect, you can re-install the front sight base, but it is involved.  See the two sights above for issues.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 6:51:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine had the same issue.  I called Century Arms and got a Return Authorization Number.  It is on its way back to Vermont (where their service center is).

As a hedge, I had my dealer order an Arsenal USA SSR-85B.  

The SAR-1 functioned, but problems zeroing it made me notice the sight issue (canted to the left).  While I was at it I asked Century to fix a couple of other annoyances with the rifle.  We'll see what happens.

Unless you really need to have the rifle in your possession (PDW, no other alternatives), I would send it back if it has this problem.  Better to have it squared away.  I figured that an astute dealer or buyer might balk at the canted sights if I ever tried to sell it.

JAW
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top