Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 10:34:02 AM EDT
A while back I posted an ad in the local paper, and I keep having people call me and tell me that 875 is too high for my unfired STG58. They keep telling me that they can get one for 600 and that if I had a para model than 800 would be the right price. Now Either I gotten took at 980, or the yahoos are just trying to rob me. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:00:40 AM EDT
[#1]
What you're dealing with is people who don't know what the hell they are talking about.  You're not off on your price if its a DSA factory rifle.  Yes, there are $600 FALs around, but they are usually rough built home jobs or Century crap.  Keep in mind that you are selling a used rifle and you might be a little high, but you're not far off.  You just need to find a buyer who know what he's looking at.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:13:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I think that is a very fair price given what lesser quality FALs cost.  BEWARE.... with the FAL you get what you pay for.  

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:46:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
A while back I posted an ad in the local paper, and I keep having people call me and tell me that 875 is too high for my unfired STG58. They keep telling me that they can get one for 600 and that if I had a para model than 800 would be the right price. Now Either I gotten took at 980, or the yahoos are just trying to rob me. Any ideas?

I paid $935 shipped for my DSA STG58 NIB. I say if they can find one for $600 somewhere else, let 'em. F'em and feed 'em fish heads.

AB
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:55:03 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a good deal, buy two.   You'll thank me later.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:27:53 PM EDT
[#5]
FAC sells them brand new for $795, so.. yeah.. I think it's a tad high for used. I don't believe the dsa warranty would be transfered to a new owner. Plus, it's "BRAND NEW" why buy your's used for more! :)
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:27:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw your ad...wish I had the cash.

I don't think you are really high, but those that have the time can shop around and find a new one a little cheaper.

The morons saying that they can get one for $600.00 obviously don't realize the difference between a Century and a DSA.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:28:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I have to respectfully argue with you about FAC selling for $795. I used to buy directly from FAC, had to call Harlan directly because he was the only one that would let a non-FFL order. The last time I tried he said he could no longer take non-FFL orders. So unless you have a dealer that is not going to charge a mark-up, you aren't going to get it for $795
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:30:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Awhile back if I had seen one for sale in my area at that price I would have gotten it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:37:24 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have to respectfully argue with you about FAC selling for $795. I used to buy directly from FAC, had to call Harlan directly because he was the only one that would let a non-FFL order. The last time I tried he said he could no longer take non-FFL orders. So unless you have a dealer that is not going to charge a mark-up, you aren't going to get it for $795

Argue all you like I have bought two of them, but of course it requires someone with an ffl. How else would you have a rifle shipped to you from another state? Just like if you bought one via an auction site. I paid the FFL 20 bucks for his time.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:51:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I paid about $800 shipped direct from DSA for mine, It was an STG58 with the Argie barrel ( A zero cost option) cut to 18.5 inches & target crowned. That was about 18 months ago. I would guess the price has went up a little since then.
I would expect to pay a little less for a face to face buy, But your price is not crazy out of line. Now I saw a used Springfield pre ban Para FAL locally for sale for $2600, That is out of line.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:56:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Argue all you like I have bought two of them, but of course it requires someone with an ffl. How else would you have a rifle shipped to you from another state? Just like if you bought one via an auction site. I paid the FFL 20 bucks for his time.

That may have been when FAC still had some.  According to the last conversation I had with them, they had no idea when if ever they would be receiving any more any time soon.  If someone wants it, they'll pay for it for that price.  By the way since its a parts gun I'll offer $400 take it or leave it
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:35:40 AM EDT
[#12]
The price is HIGH...for THOSE buyers.  It isn't high to other buyers, and a great deal for others.  For me, the price is high, but only because I have 5 F A Ls already, and the tools to build and refinish my own. To someone that wants an excellent rifle but doesn't have access to tools, etc, it would be a reasonable price.  Just keep fishing for the right buyer. The buyer that will be glad for the deal. If you are hurting for cash, then drop the price a little at a time until you get a buyer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top