Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2006 2:24:40 PM EDT
So me a a friend of mine just got back from the fun store and he bought an ithica 37 for 200.00. the metal is in great condition and the wood isnt bad either, but still a few nic's and dents. Is it just me or is this a great price on a gun? thanks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 2:43:00 PM EDT
[#1]
That's about average for decent Ithica 37.  They are nice shotguns, but don't hold their value as well as some others out there.

Shoot it and enjoy.

Link Posted: 10/24/2006 8:21:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Its worth $200 easy.  Ithicas are great buys on the used market.  No one seems to want them.  I have 2 both almost 60 years old that are smooth & tight after all these years.  I bought a clean 20 guage I really didnt need a few years ago because it was marked down to $150.  Guy said hed been hauling it to shows for over a year with no takers.
Hard to go wrong for $150.
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 1:42:09 AM EDT
[#3]

EDITED

SORRY THAT WAS A GREAT PRICE!  I ALWAY LOOK AT THE Ithica 37 PRICES.  STANDER 5 ROUND IN GOOD TO FAIR SHAPE (NO RUST MARKS. SOME MARKS ON WOOD) BEEN USED.  THEY RUN ABOUT $250.00 TO $350.00.  IT YOU GO FOR A TACTICAL ITHICA 7 ROUNDS, 18 INCH BARREL. EASILLY $350.00.
I HAVE PAID AS LITTLE AS $100.00 BUT I WALKED MANY MILES AT MANY GUNSHOWS. TO FINE THAT GOOD OF PRICE.

THE PICTURE SHOWS SOME OF MY ITHICAS. [THE BLCK ONE IS AN 1100.]
SO IF THE ITHICA WORKS..... [DO NOT SHORT STROCK IT] YOU DID GOOD!
BUT WHAT THE HELL DO I KNOW!!!!
HOW ABOUT A PICTURE?????

PITA45
THE ONE ON THE FAR RIGHT IS A  LOUISIANA STATE HIGHWAY PATROL
THE ONE ON THE FAR LEFT  WAS THE ONE I FOUND FOR $100.00
SMALL MOM AND POP GUNSHOW. BARREL SAYS D.S. POLICE  SPECIAL
THE ONE IN THE MIDDLE WITH THE SIDE SADDLE I BUILT.  I HAD THE BARREL TIT MOVED UP, GOT A LONGER MAG TUBE FROM GUN PARTS.
SORRY TO SAY NEVER SAW AN 20 GA TACTICAL.... BUT WHAT DO I KNOW.

PS YOU DO KNOW THAT YOU CAN PULL THE TRIGER ONCE... AND KEEP PUMP IT. IT WILL SHOOT ALL THE ROUND AS FAST AS YOU PUMP!  
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 2:30:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
SORRY THAT WAS A GREAT PRICE!  I ALWAY LOOK AT THE Ithica 37 PRICES.  STANDER 5 ROUND IN GOOD TO FAIR SHAPE (NO RUST MARKS. SOME MARKS ON WOOD) BEEN USED.  THEY RUN ABOUT $250.00 TO $350.00.  IT YOU GO FOR A TACTICAL ITHICA 7 ROUNDS, 18 INCH BARREL. EASILLY $350.00.
I HAVE PAID AS LITTLE AS $100.00 BUT I WALKED MANY MILES AT MANY GUNSHOWS. TO FINE THAT GOOD OF PRICE.
i44.photobucket.com/albums/f8/PITA45/e0b8b7f2.jpg
THE PICTURE SHOWS SOME OF MY ITHICAS. [THE BLCK ONE IS AN 1100.]
SO IF THE ITHICA WORKS..... [DO NOT SHORT STROCK IT] YOU DID GOOD!
BUT WHAT THE HELL DO I KNOW!!!!
HOW ABOUT A PICTURE?????

PITA45

PS YOU DO KNOW THAT YOU CAN PULL THE TRIGER ONCE... AND KEEP PUMP IT. IT WILL SHOOT ALL THE ROUND AS FAST AS YOU PUMP!  

Based on that pic, I hate you!

Nah, not really, but I do envy your collection. I love my Featherweight 37 20ga, and REALLY want an M&P.
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 10:15:44 AM EDT
[#5]
My 12 & 20 are both featherweights.  Great field gun with a good recoil pad installed.  Ive been looking for a 28 to add to the safe but you dont see too many of them.  I see 12 & 20`s for $200 or less fairly often but the 28 is hard to find.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:19:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I paid $155 for mine. It was made in 1940. great gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top