Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2003 5:58:51 AM EDT
Looking for prices on USGI M14 trigger groups.  I know there are numerous manufacturers (TRW, SA, etc), but I'd like to get an idea of what one will cost (in new or like-new condition) from a few different manufacturers, but SA in particular.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 7:02:52 AM EDT
[#1]
The CMP has,maybe not new, but in excellent shape and some even look new(at least the ones I received) for $35 for a complete group
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 7:13:22 AM EDT
[#2]
CMP?  I assume this is a web site?  URL?

For $35, who is the manufacturer?  Can you really get a USGI trigger group for $35?  A SA one?
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 8:05:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
CMP?  I assume this is a web site?  URL?

For $35, who is the manufacturer?  Can you really get a USGI trigger group for $35?  A SA one?

www.odcmp.com Parts are used, serviceable. Condition varies from good to like new.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 1:44:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Prices have really gone up lately because CMP is "supposedly" running out of parts.If you can't order from CMP here's what I've seen on the open market lately...TRW are the most sought after and they've been going for upwards of $125 the past few weeks.You should be able to ge a SA in like new for $100 or a hair less.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 11:48:40 PM EDT
[#5]
As stated above,condition of parts from CMP will vary greatly.

I've seen some bad parts from them and good ones too.

The most important area on a M14 trigger group is the rail.More than half I've seen are really beat up.

If I knew how to post a picture I could show ya what a like new one should look like.I can email ya a photo too.

My choice is a SA TG because there's less of them and they match a Spfld receiver.All trigger groups are made the same.TRW is not the best.Just more recognized because they still make many different parts.See Gus Fishers post on CSP.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 8:05:36 AM EDT
[#6]
check out ebay... search under M14 rifle, M1A rifle or just "gun parts"... which in itself is really interesting. I bought my spare tigger group in like new shape for $50.00 and that included postage.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 3:42:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If I knew how to post a picture I could show ya what a like new one should look like.I can email ya a photo too.

If you have photos that needed hosting I can take care of that for you, it'll be a long time before I can fill the 500 picture or 50meg storage limit I have on my photo host.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 6:55:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I've bought 15 M-14 TG's from the CMP in the last 2 years and none had beat up rails.. 3 out of the 15 looked well used but serviceable... and the rest looked almost new.. they were a mixture of all 4 makers as I requested different makers when I placed my orders.. plus ALL the TG's had the same make parts.. none had mixed parts.....
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 5:48:08 AM EDT
[#9]
If you get what you think is an unacceptablely worn part from CMP send it back.  They'll send a better one.

-- Chuck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top