Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2003 6:09:04 PM EST
What's a ballpark figure on a S&W model 17? Pre-82, pinned and recessed, TH, TT, 6-inch barrel.

Are these fairly rare and hard to come by? I haven't seen too many for sale.

Thanks for any input.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:46:30 AM EST
Pinned & recessed adds a bit to the value versus later models that are not set up that way.

As for rariety, I would say they're like my S&W P&R models: I'm keeping them! >gg<

Try KY Imports as they always seem to have a lot of used S&W's, also try Gun List newspaper as they're nationwide.

As for price, it will clearly depend on the condition of the gun, as always. A beater may fetch $200, ANIB could go as high as $400. The "usual" used condition will probably fetch somewhere in the $300 range.

Prices also vary greatly from region to region. For some reason revolvers go for a bit less in the northeast US than the South or West. Opposite for semi's.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:52:21 AM EST
I've been looking for a 17 or K-22 for the last few months. I've found exactly 1 and it had been modified with a scope mount, so I didn't buy it.

Going price for nice examples seems to be ~ $375 if you can find them; they sell very fast.

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:34:56 AM EST
Kind of OT but I just sold a Mod 48 (.22mag) for $350.00. It was had the P&R barrel and was in 95% wwith org box and paperwork.

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:44:15 AM EST
Thanks for the replies, but I snoozed and lost and now it is gone.
Top Top