Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 6/5/2008 6:34:10 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/5/2008 8:03:05 PM EST by cms81586]
I looked at a SA-58 with the very short barrel and handguard (I believe it's the OSW) and a para stock, along with a long sloted flash hider. It was priced at $1800 I believe NIB. What are they normally selling for?

ETA: I believe this is the rifle. The one I looked at was tiger striped camo but the same rifle. What kind of accuracy and range can I expect out of a 13" barrel with a .308? I have a HK-91 and have owned a M1A before, but never a FAL. A nice short FAL might be the ticket granted they don't have function problems and are relatively accurate. Also, does anyone make a thinner front sight post. Every FAL I've ever shouldered feels like it's got a front sight post twice as thick as it should be. Thanks!

www.dsarms.com/prodinfo.asp?number=SA58ELITE

CMS
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 5:18:02 AM EST
$1800 doesn't sound out of line for a new DSA like you describe. If the gun has a factory camo finish that is a $350 upgrade. If it has the rail handguard and scope mount then $1800 is really cheap.

Accuracy should be expected in the 2-4 MOA range depending on ammo and skill with iron sights. Some people claim the shorter barreled FALs are slightly more accurate, but either will be more than accurate enough to do the job it was designed for.

You shouldn't have any function issues after the rifle gets broken in, but if you did DSA should cover it under warranty.

I don't know if anyone makes a thinner front sight but it wouldn't be to difficult for a gunsmith to slim one down and touch up with paint or parkerize it.

If I were looking for a 16" FAL I'd choose the tactical over the elite but I do think the elite is looks better.
Top Top