Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
9/16/2019 10:09:13 PM
Posted: 1/1/2012 6:32:01 PM EDT
I've done some quick research, but I need some answers. I found an FAL for sale for $800, which I think is a good deal no matter the make, but I want to be sure.

Here are the specs:

It is marked Pacific Armament Corporation-Modesto,Ca and Imbel Fabrica De Itajuba-Brasil on the right side of the lower receiver

The upper receiver is marked DSA Inc Barrington,IL on the right side and SA 58 Made in USA on the left side.

It has a picatinny rail on top.

Welded/soldered muzzle break

Comes with 8 mags in varying conditions.

Scope in the pictures is not included

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 6:52:15 AM EDT
Bueller?
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 1:08:26 PM EDT
Scope not included? Hell even the pictured isn't included. All I got is the red X.

$800 doesn't sound bad on the surface for a DSA receivered rifle. Sounds like someone's put together rifle from parts that were on a us built rifle already. I say that as the lower was marked PAC which was an importer but normally they marked the uppers, the FAL's sn part in the US. Not that its a big deal but it sounds like this is the 3rd rifle that lower has been a part of. A welded brake might also mean the barrel was on a rifle built during the AWB or came from a state with a ban still in effect. Condition is all that matters.

Just make sure it runs before you buy but the parts names all sound decent.

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 3:52:55 PM EDT
Thanks Steelon, I fired it yesterday at a log since that's all that was available. It felt good, hit where I was aimimg(from what I could tell). Only thing negative was a failure to feed on the last round in one mag.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:45:23 AM EDT
Originally Posted By FIELD_MP:
Thanks Steelon, I fired it yesterday at a log since that's all that was available. It felt good, hit where I was aimimg(from what I could tell). Only thing negative was a failure to feed on the last round in one mag.

No problem devil dog. Sounds like the magazine needs a good scrubbing and or a new magazine spring. Last round issues is normally weak magazine spring, it just lacks the oomph to get the round up there in time, with a full mag the spring has more tension to deliver.

They're steel like the M14 mags and can and will rust on the inside causing unwanted drag. Clean em and a light coat of oil on the inside. Or try car wax on the inside, it doesn't run, but you want to put it on and buff it off and not leave a thick coat to get grit embedded in it.

My first three FAL mags came with one that gave me issues too, until I broke them down and cleaned the coal mine out of the interiors. Later I got some inch pattern mags and just cleaned them automatically.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 4:28:06 PM EDT
Picked it up tonight. The upper is a gear logo Imbel with a railed DSA dust cover. Lower has a serial number, but nothing to indicate the manufacturer.

Mag well has Centurion 58 on it.
Top Top