Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2001 6:02:33 PM EDT
I am wanting to buy a friend's AR. I don't have the serial #, but I know it is a late model pre-ban Colt Sporter. Colt even sent it with a five round clip.
Would $1200 be a fair price for a "good" AR which probably only has 5000 rounds through it?
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 7:35:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Depending on which model and condition you are talking about the value could be anywhere between $1800 and $650.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 8:00:11 PM EDT
[#2]
That is probably the average price here on the western slope for most models.

But I would be willing to pay a little more for one if I could fondle it first, as opposed to ordering one and 'takeing what I get.'

Also, if I know the history of the piece, used and abused or treated with kid gloves?

Presumably your friend is a CO. resident too, so there is no need for a NICS check. How much is that worth to you?

All in all, not too bad a price.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top