Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2002 7:16:07 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 8:28:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Doesn't the ATF consider those to be Machine Guns ?

It appears from the picture that the lower could still be used...which I believe would be a no-no as far as the Feds are concerned.

BUYER BEWARE !!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 8:32:31 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

It appears from the picture that the lower could still be used...which I believe would be a no-no as far as the Feds are concerned.

BUYER BEWARE !!!

According to the ad info, it is "plastic with a few metal parts."  I doubt ATF would give it a second glance.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 9:50:54 AM EDT
[#3]
2 words- auto sear.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 10:41:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 11:47:14 AM EDT
[#5]
It could be all plastic, but on an AR-15...a Plastic Lower will function (Just Ask CAV Arms).

This Lower has an Auto Sear Hole...Hence MG Receiver. Thus, assuming it could be readily used with a standard AR-15/M16 Upper, it could be considered a MGun Receiver.

In fact, according to the ATF all it has to do is function for 1 two round burst. It could blow up, crack, what not...as long as it will fire 2 shots, the ATF considers it a MG.

Quoted:

Quoted:

BUYER BEWARE !!!

According to the ad info, it is "plastic with a few metal parts."  I doubt ATF would give it a second glance.

Link Posted: 9/3/2002 11:52:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 12:25:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like all plastic to me, I don't think the lower would match up to a real upper receiver,,,

but then again, you never know!!

any guess as to how much to this thing will go for??
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 1:07:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Looks like all plastic to me, I don't think the lower would match up to a real upper receiver,,,

The guy's asking for $200.00
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 1:09:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The guy's asking for $200.00

thats the current price, but theres still 9 days left on the auction....
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 1:50:02 AM EDT
[#10]
If this is the mock-up I am thinking of, it is about twice real size.

For what it's worth, the Colt cutaways of M16s are registered MGs, even though you could not safelt fire one.
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 2:04:56 AM EDT
[#11]
The seller should have put something in the picture for scale
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 4:17:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 4:35:58 AM EDT
[#13]
It was not I, my caravan companion....ready to go I am.....
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 4:39:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Here are a couple responses from the guy sellig it:
The lower and upper are plastic. The lower has cut outs to show the hammer trigger and the butt stock has cutouts to show the storage and buffer tube is cut out to show the buffer and buffer spring.

Wayne  

After I dirrected him to this thread:
Thanks for the laugh. I am a Class 2 Manufacturer of Machine Guns so I know all about the ATF. The "Cut Away" I am offering is made out of plastic. A real M16 "Cut Away" made by Colt is worth about $15,000.  Knight's Armament in Vero Beach Florida has at least two that I saw when I was visiting him two years ago. The one I am selling is not a firearm. Sorry    

Wayne  
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 6:00:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Looks pretty cool to me.

Me thinks some of you guys are too paranoid.
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 11:06:07 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Looks pretty cool to me.

Me thinks some of you guys are too paranoid.

Or just humor-impaired...  

And just to be clear, I really don't think we're going to get GoatBoy up in space anytime soon, either...  

LOL!

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=142164&w=activePop

www.full-auto.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001956
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top