Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2013 12:56:10 PM EDT
Are they still taking preorders?

Seriously, what's the status on this thing? It's been years since it was introduced at SHOT Show.
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 11:50:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Seriously, what's the status on this thing? It's been years since it was introduced at SHOT Show.

I think there's a higher likelihood of the Easter Bunny knocking on your door asking you to buy magazines to send a kid to summer camp than we have of seeing this thing...
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 4:22:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Seriously..... who was / is taking preorders? That gun has been dead for years now. The prototypes were the rapid prototype material that cracked like eggshells., AND If I remember correctly there was never a functioning rifle.You can stop wondering, lol!
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 5:41:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously..... who was / is taking preorders? That gun has been dead for years now. The prototypes were the rapid prototype material that cracked like eggshells., AND If I remember correctly there was never a functioning rifle.You can stop wondering, lol!

I think that Dave posted a while back that the Shot Show prototype was not a real rifle and it broke.
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 8:25:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Call Tony to find out !!
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 9:05:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Yea, I'm on that list from 2009 I think?  Don't hold your breath, it never happened.

The new name for this project is the Tavor with 9mm conversion kit :)  Which is a real rifle.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/17/2013 4:42:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Call Tony to find out !!
View Quote

Yeah, and ask him why he "needs an HKMP5SD Pre-86 dealer sample". Is this the start of the next vaporware?
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 6:51:25 PM EDT
[#7]
The 9mm Glock carbine will be out before Tony gets his shit together and  decides to make some real money  (and misses this opportunity too).  Just for fun call Chris at Ratworx, inquire about the list, and get a firm prediction that it is coming out soon (happened to me  a year ago-the MCS was right around the corner-before the bankrupts  that wasn't a bankrupt).  Might want to go the Tavor rout with the 9mm conversion, the Israelis seem more serious about making money than Tony does.      
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:17:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I think that Dave posted a while back that the Shot Show prototype was not a real rifle and it broke.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like I said, it was a rapid prototype material that cracked easily, heck, I broke the trigger linkage/sear helping to put it together the night the before shot show was to start. Dead dream that could have bailed MSAR out of the hole that Tony put them in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top