Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2013 11:40:14 PM EDT
I have been considering getting a Busse knife or two but just from looking around, I never see anyone have one that looks like it has been taking out of the house!

Does anyone actually use your Busse mainly or any other higher end knives? I understand some might just collect nice knives as my self I like to collect nice guns.  Have several I have never shot so I get that part of it.  Also there seems to be a lot of people that buy a Busse jut to say they did and strap it on a bug out back and never take it outside either.

II have the esee 3, 4, 5, 6, the Ontario RTAK II  and several ZTs 301s.  All of them have been used and used hard.  I buy them for the tool that they are.  I also hear a lot about how tough Busse should be but to think about it I have never even seen a used Busse?

If you own a Busse or other high end knife and have pics,posts them up!  I don't mind paying the money for a tuff as nails knife but I am going to use it and not store it.  

Just trying to decide if these Busses are any tough,better than the ESEE line for the added cost.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 12:10:16 AM EDT
I beat the everloving CRAP out of my Busses. I have a TGLB, a Muk, an AK47 and a 1311... they have all been used in the woods. I processed a deer last year with my muk and 1311. Decapitated a hog with the AK47 in jan.

Go to the Busse subforum of Bladeforums and you'll see dozens of posts with heavily used Bussekin. Yes, they're tougher than ESEE knives, but a good margin. The handles are better, the steel is better, the warranty covers ANYTHING other than intentional destruction... and that means anything. If you're prying on a tree and manage to snap your blade, they give you a new one. If you're cutting a car in half, and manage to break the tip of, they fix it or give you a new one.

Abuse is covered, misuse is covered, negligence is covered. The only thing that isn't covered is destroying it on purpose.

here's one of my pics with some of them in it. They have all been used but the coating is so tough that they don't look like it from a distance.

Here's another

Link Posted: 8/31/2013 12:01:10 PM EDT
Guy Stainthorpe Bushcrafter in 01 and natural micarta. One of my own sheaths. $370. I got it in '07 IIRC.

Link Posted: 9/1/2013 3:35:58 AM EDT
Here's my 3 entries. Cheapest one was $225

Link Posted: 9/1/2013 5:43:03 PM EDT

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:27:27 AM EDT
I highly recommend a Busse if your looking for a hard use knife. I picked up this NMFSH last week. It's a fatty at 0.37" thick.

New

After this weekend

Page Armory » Blades
Top Top