Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2010 7:17:59 AM EDT
I did a search and didnt find anything. Has anyone used one of these things? I have a good amount of brass that i need to get through and this looks like the ticket. Just wanted to hear if anyone had any dealings with them. possum hollow
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:16:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Great little product if you also get the power adapter.  I use it to do .223 and bought a second power adapter to hold the trim/debur tool.  The Possum Hollow tool is hard to beat for the money, IMO.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:33:08 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks, glad to hear. i have about 1k pieces to be trimed and after about 10 on the crank type trimmer i started to surf the internet the internet has all the answers.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:06:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:01:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:21:49 PM EDT
[#5]
You need a $40 drill press from Harbor Freight to go along with it.   That is of course if you don't already have one.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:30:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:46:13 PM EDT
[#7]
i bought this drill from harbor freight a few years ago. use a 20% coupon out of the NRA mags to make it even cheaper

i have trimmed, chamfer and deburred thousands of 223, and the thing is still growing strong.

http://www.harborfreight.com/power-tools/drills/3-8-eighth-inch-variable-speed-reversible-drill-3670.html

i also bought a few of these and just clamp it to the end of my bench with a trashcan underneath to catch all the shavings

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-inch-ratchet-bar-clamp-spreader-46807.html

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:29:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Just finished using mine about 15 minutes ago. Works great!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:07:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I love them.  I have one in .223 and another in 7.62x39.  I put it in the power adapter and chuck it in my drill, which is mounted in a vise.  It's quite fast on trimming, but the cases do require a chamfer and deburr afterwards.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:46:29 PM EDT
[#10]
My Possum Hollow trimmer works well, but I definitely need to get the power adapter.  I used a hand-powered Hornady decrimper to decrimp a little less than three hundred rounds a while back - my hand was cramped and hurt for about three days.  And the decrimping takes less effort than trimming.  I'm putting off trimming them until I get the power adapter.  So yeah, I need one
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:40:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I run mine on a cheapo drill press from Home Depot.

Been doing that for a long time.

One of these days I will upgrade, but at the average rate of around 20 a minute to trim, I cant complain.

I thought I purchased another trimmer but I cant find the thing :(
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top