Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2005 9:43:10 PM EDT
Can anybody tell me anything about any possible bans that are forthcoming on .50's because of the Patriot Act(part of Homeland Security) My dealer has told me this is what he had heard... and I am only 1K shy of buying my project gun after saving for a year. I expect alot of rumor-mill and such but is there any tangible resource to contact other than calling ATF directly to find out. Thanks in advance for any and all information.

Hooch
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 10:00:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/5/2005 10:04:57 PM EDT by Foxxz]
I doubt it. They have larger things to worry about then a 50 cal rifle. Your dealer might be trying to scare you into buying one from him. Tell him you will buy it from another dealer. See what he says.

I call...

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 10:00:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By hooch:
Can anybody tell me anything about any possible bans that are forthcoming on .50's because of the Patriot Act(part of Homeland Security) My dealer has told me this is what he had heard... and I am only 1K shy of buying my project gun after saving for a year. I expect alot of rumor-mill and such but is there any tangible resource to contact other than calling ATF directly to find out. Thanks in advance for any and all information.

Hooch

Two words:

B

S

Sounds like a sales tactic to me.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 7:11:01 AM EDT
Commo scare tactic. "Ooooh, buy it now, they are trying to ban it as we speak"
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:32:48 PM EDT
No bans are in the works due to the Patriot Act. But there are plenty of bans in the works due to State acts and one ban introduced on the federal level but it has nothing to do with the Patriot Act per se. Check out thislink for up to date info.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Top Top