Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/21/2006 3:53:43 PM EDT
I just scored some Polish 7.64x54R ammo at the fun show in the sealed tins to go along with my 91/59. It's dated in the mid-80s, and I'm assuming it still is corrosively primed, but does anyone know anything different? My buddy and I are splitting the case of 2 tins, and I've told him to act as if it is, and clean accordingly. So, anyone have experience, or should I just continue assuming that it is corrosively primed, and blast away with it?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:54:25 PM EDT
Almost all old military ammo is corrosive. I think I'd just assume its corrosive and clean accordingly.

I always use that MPro7 in my cleaning process and since it is water based I can quit worrying about it.

Dennis Jenkins

quote]Originally Posted By dar48:
I just scored some Polish 7.64x54R ammo at the fun show in the sealed tins to go along with my 91/59. It's dated in the mid-80s, and I'm assuming it still is corrosively primed, but does anyone know anything different? My buddy and I are splitting the case of 2 tins, and I've told him to act as if it is, and clean accordingly. So, anyone have experience, or should I just continue assuming that it is corrosively primed, and blast away with it?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:14:51 PM EDT
make sure to use hot soapy water to neutralize the corrosive salts

most military 7.62x54R is corrosive
Top Top