Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2002 7:57:46 PM EDT
A co-worker of mine told me he had a tube fed bolt action .22, which got my curiosity.  I have never seen a bolt action fed by a underbarrel tube!  I was at his house today and he showed it to me.  He's right!  Bolt action tube fed!  And a Winchester to boot!  He had it stored in a leather scabbard and it had some rust on it.  I offered to take it home and clean it up.  Looks fantastic now!  

Who can tell me about this rifle?  Winchester model 72  .22 Short, L, and LR.  What about a current price if he's willing to sell?
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 8:34:08 PM EDT
[#1]
According to the 21st edition of Gun Traders Guide the Model 72 was made from 1938 to 1959. The M72 interchangeably shoots 22 short, 22 long & 22 LR. It holds 20 rounds, 16 rounds & 15 rounds, respectively. It has 25 inch barrel, weights 5.75 pounds and has a value of $315 as of late 1998. JarheadGunner.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 10:34:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 2:14:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Have one of those myself,nice bit of gear. Barrel seems very heavy for a .22, but very accurate. (at least when I do my part and hold it steady)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top