Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2010 9:40:30 AM EDT
Well after having my GSG-5 stolen along with 4 other rifles and going through the proper channels, which are completely useless, at least in my area, I'm asking to please keep a look out for a green and black one with rail, and collapsible stock. The idiots didnt even get the fake supressor for it. They stole my GSG-5 , Model 94 Win 30-30, H&R .223 single shot, Marlin papoose and  DPMS M4 .223 along with a OD green canvas bag, tan canvas bag and one hard case.
Fortunately my neighbors were able to get the license plate number of the people. Come to find out I knew the 2 people. Without going into all the details, I have ALL the evidence a normal law enforcement office would need to get my things back, but apparently not for the one here in Marshall county. I'll take any info or advise on what else I might be able to do to get my things back.
Respectfully,
King

Please post in correct if needs be.
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 10:06:06 AM EDT
[#1]
let me guess, no safe?
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 10:47:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes. A hidden one. A false wall in my closet, ripped it right out. They took their time looking as they parked their car in my back yard so not to be seen. What kills me the most is I was able to get the Law officer the names, make and model of car, and place of business. I even supplied them with pictures of the tires on the car. They told me since they live in a different county, a neighboring one, not much they will be able to do with out going through that office. I my be ignorant of many facts but dont they cross talk and help each other out?
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 10:57:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well after having my GSG-5 stolen along with 4 other rifles and going through the proper channels, which are completely useless, at least in my area, I'm asking to please keep a look out for a green and black one with rail, and collapsible stock. The idiots didnt even get the fake supressor for it. They stole my GSG-5 , Model 94 Win 30-30, H&R .223 single shot, Marlin papoose and  DPMS M4 .223 along with a OD green canvas bag, tan canvas bag and one hard case.
Fortunately my neighbors were able to get the license plate number of the people. Come to find out I knew the 2 people. Without going into all the details, I have ALL the evidence a normal law enforcement office would need to get my things back, but apparently not for the one here in Marshall county. I'll take any info or advise on what else I might be able to do to get my things back.
Respectfully,
King

Please post in correct if needs be.

Fuck that sucks man...hope you get your stuff back. The majority of thefts that occur are by people you know (more often than you think...family & friends hurting for $$ so they steal from those who trust them and wouldn't suspect them) - I know by experience...fucking bastards

Sakic #19

p.s. Make sure to follow through and press charges otherwise, they'll keep doing it (it's hard when it's family and/or friends - but, you gotta do it to put the kabosh on that shit).
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 11:32:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Well I have NO issues filing charges, but what I have been told is t hat I'm waisting my time, as far as the law is concerned, it my word against his, even though I have pictures of his tire tacks in my yard and  pictures of the tires on his car after it happened. I could give all the details of what I have given the cops and what they have taken and they still have done nothing. They even came to get finger prints off the front door glass. The deputy completely destroyed the first print he lifted, due to his incompetence, but was able to get the others lifted, luckly. Anyways it boils my blood to even think about it again, but sure as the world turns if that were me steeling or I went to his house to get my things back, I'd loose my ass, not to mention my military career. Thank God I was graced with some common sense.
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 11:34:35 AM EDT
[#5]
As Uncle Fester would say......"JUST SHOOT 'EM IN THE BACK!"

Link Posted: 7/15/2010 12:24:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 4:13:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Im imaginning the perp accadentally shooting himself...........

Maybe if all of ARFCOM joined in........we could "will" it into reality...?

all joking aside......Hope you get em' back somehow !
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 9:12:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm down with that.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 10:42:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd call the other county PD myself, State police, local state congressman , and the local media.

In that order, not at the same time
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 12:31:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Isn't stealing a weapon a federal offense?  Why not talk to the state police?
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 10:55:18 AM EDT
[#11]
It is now in the works... Hopefully something will go forward with this now and some progress will be made.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 12:34:40 PM EDT
[#12]
good luck

suspects must be somebody's cousin
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:37:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Like I said I have both their names, vehicles with tag numbers and where they live.
I'm just not sure if it's illegal for me to put them on blast here on the Internet. Waiting on someone de the state police to get back with me. We'll see.....
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 7:14:46 AM EDT
[#14]
It's probably legal but maybe not a good idea to post their info.

You're doing the right thing.  Let state police handle it if county won't.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 7:19:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's probably legal but maybe not a good idea to post their info.
You're doing the right thing.  Let state police handle it if county won't.

Not ARFCOM CoC legal

It seems like the best thing to do even after you exhaust all your options , but probably not the wisest.

You can always go after them in civil court as well
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top