Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/22/2005 8:33:10 PM EDT
Hello-

I need to purchase 2 pistol mag pouches, but I'm not sure what kind or style.

I've been looking into both single and doubles.

I noticed tactical tailor, hsgi, esstac, and specter gear all have what look like comprable pistol mag pouches, but I'm not sure which is the best...

So I'm wondering, buckle or velcro? I'm thinking buckle might be more secure, but for 3-gun matches or what not, I can unbuckle it before hand..

I'm probably going to be mounting them onto my leg panel, or maybe a belt. Will a double flop around less than a single would?

Thanks,
Matt
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:42:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2005 8:44:42 PM EDT by Combat_Jack]
I'm not clear exactly as to what you're asking. You want to mount Cordura mag pouches to a leg rig? I have seen two ways of carrying mags while wearing tac rigs, that I actually liked to use. One was mounting it to a belt--either the one on your pants or one hanging under a vest, and the other was mounting them in front of AR/M4 mag pouches on a vest/LBE. Anywhere else and my muscles get confused and it slows me down. And while maybe a retention feature is OK on full sized mags like M4 mags, on pistol mags you should be able to get your index finger along the front of the mag unhindered. I like a leather or kydex carrier with an open top and tension alone holding the mag in--and I've yet to lose one.

ETA: If you do have to choose between velcro and buckle, remember that velcor is the fastest on and off, and can be tightened or loosened easily. Buckles are quieter and don't get gummed up with dirt as easily.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:47:51 AM EDT
I'm not sure what the PALS/MOLLE options are for pistol mag pouches on a leg panel, BUT for belt use, get one by Blade-Tech, Eagle Industries or The Wilderness. Blade-Tech would be my first choice for cost, availability and the fact that they are made specifically for YOUR type of magazine. They also have adjustable tension and come in a variety of colors.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:46:38 AM EDT
i prefer my Comp-Tac kydex singles over my TT, Eagle, DBT, HSGI, Aites, and Paraclete pouches. if you want nylon and speed plus retention, Eagle first then TT is the way to go. both have an insert for retention but release very quikly. don't go the buckle route. if you go with kydex get singles, nylon get doubles. and put them on your belt.
Top Top