Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2011 11:52:47 AM EDT
Hello All,

Where can I find the pistol grip stock and the extension tube kit for the Benelli M3?

Searched here, Gunbroker and other places but did not find anything.

Is there a collapsible stock with pistol grip for the M3 available?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 2:52:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you have to comply with 922R.

IIRC, you cannot add an extension if it wasn't imported with one.

Don't know about the collapsible stock.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 3:52:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

M3s were in fact imported with pistol grips and extensions, so there is no 922r violation in adding these features if your specific unit did not come with them.

The M3 uses the same mag extensions, both factory and aftermarket, as the M1and M2.  The stock is also the same as the M1, but the m2 stock is not compatible.

OP, I think you're probably searching for "M3" when you should simply search for "M1". These are all over the place from a variety of sources.

There is a folding stock assembly unique to the M3, but I'm not sure where you'd find one.  Maybe Numrich?
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 5:10:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

M3s were in fact imported with pistol grips and extensions, so there is no 922r violation in adding these features if your specific unit did not come with them.

The M3 uses the same mag extensions, both factory and aftermarket, as the M1and M2.  The stock is also the same as the M1, but the m2 stock is not compatible.

OP, I think you're probably searching for "M3" when you should simply search for "M1". These are all over the place from a variety of sources.

There is a folding stock assembly unique to the M3, but I'm not sure where you'd find one.  Maybe Numrich?

Can I legally add the extension mag to a M1 that did not come with it?
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 6:29:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can I legally add the extension mag to a M1 that did not come with it?

Yes.  It does not matter what configuration your particular M1 came in as, as long as other units of the same make and model were approved and were imported in that configuration, then there can be no violation since that configuration was approved for importation.  For a violation to occur, you need to be creating a configuration prohibited from importation.

Add a folding/collapsible stock or a detachable magazine to an Benelli M1 and there will be a 922r violation unless you comply with the parts count.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 2:53:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks!  I'll run a search for M1 parts.  

As for the mag extension and pistol grip or folding stock, I also undeerstand that the restriction is only for imported parts.  If made in US no issues.   Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:12:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks!  I'll run a search for M1 parts.  

As for the mag extension and pistol grip or folding stock, I also undeerstand that the restriction is only for imported parts.  If made in US no issues.   Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

No, it's more complicated than that.

You need to eliminate the guns imported status by replacing enough parts with US-manufactured parts. Only when the imported parts count is 10 or less can you then add features that would otherwise create a firearm prohibited from importation.

Simply adding a folding stock of US manufacture will not reduce the foreign parts count.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top