Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2013 5:43:21 PM EDT

Shit on me, I can't decide which one to get.  HELP!  I like the looks and size of the Pietta 5.5 inch Sheriffs, but I like the historical authenticity of the full size.  But everyone says Uberti is just a better gun....

Choosing sucks.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 3:41:59 AM EDT
[#1]
A buddy of mine introduced me to the Pietta New Army's a couple of years ago. He had the "Sheriff's Model" with the 5-1/2" barrel. He also had a Kirst conversion cylinder which allowed him to shoot .45 Colt and .45 Schofield ammo.

After I got home from that range session, I was doing a little research on the Pietta and found that Cabella's was having a great sale on them. So, in a short period of time, I ended up with three of the Pietta New Army's. One is the standard 8" and the other two are the 5-1/2" models. I also picked up a Howell's, 5 shot conversion cylinder which fit all three revolvers.

I have shot all three with black powder and with smokeless powder using the conversion cylinder and they have all shot great. I have another friend who has a couple of Uberti New Army's that he uses in cowboy action shooting. They are a little nicer fit and finished than the Pietta's, but they also cost a bit more.

Depending on your budget, you can't go wrong with either one in my opinion....

Link Posted: 1/8/2013 4:04:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 6:42:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Go with the 5 1/2 " Pietta Sheriffs model. If you don't like the hobby you can resell pretty quick and get most of your money back. Uberti's are better in some models but in recent years Pietta has improved quality control on most models.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top