Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2006 2:12:33 PM EDT
SA mixmaster, Greek Service Grade.
She cleaned up right nice indeed.

#4 is for CavVet. No muzzle loader here.  

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:35:39 PM EDT
[#1]
great rifle!  you have a bullet stuck in the muzzle...  

that stock will look great with some TLC.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:41:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I plan on shortening the barrel, put a collapseble stock on it, an Aimpoint, a light, a laser....
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:10:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I plan on shortening the barrel, put a collapseble stock on it, an Aimpoint, a light, a laser....

So you're bringing it into the 21st centrury then?  

Nice score.  Now oil that stock...mebbe it's just the pics but it looks kinda dry.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:16:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:32:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice rifle.

Max
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:30:54 AM EDT
[#6]
You load cartridges from the other end.  

Nice looking rifle.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:50:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice rifle - does the Defense Acceptance Stamp on the left side of the stock measure 3/8" or 1/2" across the box?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:57:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Nice rifle - does the Defense Acceptance Stamp on the left side of the stock measure 3/8" or 1/2" across the box?

I could care less.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I could care less.  

What did I do to piss you off - I tried to give you a compliment and ask a question.  I've tried to post a little on this board and have gotten nothing but attitude from you silly bastards.  I don't guess anybody gives a rats ass about the history or production of the Garand and its nuances.  

KISS IT!!!!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:58:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I could care less.  

What did I do to piss you off - I tried to give you a compliment and ask a question.  I've tried to post a little on this board and have gotten nothing but attitude from you silly bastards.  I don't guess anybody gives a rats ass about the history or production of the Garand and its nuances.  

KISS IT!!!!

You didn't piss me off.
This is a Greek return mixmaster, so there is no real history about this Garand.
I am not into finding out about each piece and the specifics of them.

I load and lock, pull the trigger, it goes BANG, I'm happy.

Now if this were a 100% H&R with original parts then I would be interested in the history.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:59:21 PM EDT
[#11]
It's " I couldn't care less", not I could care less.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:17:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It's " I couldn't care less", not I could care less.

I don't care about my spelling either.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice, I just ordered one a few weeks ago.

Do you have any pictures of the entire rifle?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:22:28 PM EDT
[#14]

This is a Greek return mixmaster, so there is no real history about this Garand.
I am not into finding out about each piece and the specifics of them.

I load and lock, pull the trigger, it goes BANG, I'm happy.

Now if this were a 100% H&R with original parts then I would be interested in the history.

I think all of them have a history. I have greekers also and still am proud of them.   Not meaning anything against ya just paying homage to another fine weapon.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:01:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks Great
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:22:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Failure to feed? LOL  Nice rifle there :)

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:39:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Failure to feed? LOL  Nice rifle there :)

www.vaq34.com/grand4.jpg

Naw, it's the CavVet muzzle erosion field gauge.  
I have seen a barrel that swallows the entire bullet, CavVet called it a "muzzle loader".  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:22:56 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Naw, it's the CavVet muzzle erosion field gauge.

That is one of the few things in life that is oler than me. Hell its older than bunnyman!

I have seen a barrel that swallows the entire bullet, CavVet called it a "muzzle loader".  

A phrase I got from Bob at the CMP North store!

(THANKS BOB! )

That barrel is almost, if not as tight as the ME as the one we handpicked out of hundreds. Good job Joe!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top