Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2006 8:21:24 AM EDT
It's a 1951, in miraculous shape.  Although I will admit, I paid a little bit more than 90 bucks to get one in this shape.. but less than $151 dollars :P.  But this is how it looked from the show, I havent steamed out any dents or nothing yet.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:28:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn that looks nice, I'm picking mine up friday, I doubt in that good of shape

Do you know if it was reblued?

I thought that the wood was more redish than that? (I've only seen pics never in person)

I plan on rebluing mine and refinishing it,

Have you shot it yet?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:29:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Very nice. A buddy of mine just recently got his C&R license,
and he bought one of the K31's from AIM Surplus. I got to look at his
last night, and I really like it. I can't wait to go to the range and see how it
shoots. I've heard they are tack drivers, and I'll probably just have to have
one of those too.

Congrats.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:35:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Damn that looks nice, I'm picking mine up friday, I doubt in that good of shape

Do you know if it was reblued?

I thought that the wood was more redish than that? (I've only seen pics never in person)

I plan on rebluing mine and refinishing it,

Have you shot it yet?

No, it was not reblued that I am aware of.. but I don't think it was because the condition of the internal parts are just as good as the external metal.  And not only that, but there is slight wear on the top of the front sights where the rifle would have made contact with foreign objects, so that makes me think its original.  And a guy who collects them looked at it, and said that the bores usually look really excellent on these rifles, but yours looks like it has never seen a round thru it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:54:35 AM EDT
[#4]
That Schmidt Rubin K31 sure looks nice!  I have my first K31 on the way.  I am just recovering from Mosinitus but feel a case of Schmidt Rubinitus coming on!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:58:32 AM EDT
[#5]
They're addictive, just wish ammo wasn't .50 cents a round.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:13:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Even Wolf Gold?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:14:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Even Wolf Gold?

I don't know, you tell me, the last I saw of it was actually a little more than GP11.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:14:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Even Wolf Gold?

The wolf gold is actually more expensive than the swiss mil surp.  But a better choice if you reload.  The GP11 is reloadable from what I hear, but its kind of a pain in the ass.  I just ordered in bulk and saved a little.  I got 480 rounds from dansammo for 159 plus 10 free charger clips. When you buy in bulk like that, it comes out to about 33 cents a round instead of 50.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:10:43 PM EDT
[#9]
GP11 is berdan primed. Reloading is possible but requires specialized tools and primers. Wolf Gold and other newly manufactured ammo is boxer primed.

Your K31's stock looks great. The butt looks to be in damn good shape considering how common "beaver-chewed" stocks are in the post WWII years. The Swiss parade drills involved swinging the rifle's butt down hard against their hob-nail boots!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:45:07 PM EDT
[#10]
If your rifle was re-arsenaled it would have a number in the rear sling slot on the butt. It would also have a two letter designation on the receiver tang.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:32:05 PM EDT
[#11]

MillerTime85

I don't know if you want to, but care to reveal your source for your gun. I might pass up my local place if your source has anymore,

I just can't get over the condition of that gun
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:49:17 PM EDT
[#12]
I just got my 3rd tonight.  An AIM beech handselect.  And I've never shot one.  They are a real work of craftsmanship which doesnt exist today.  At such a low price, its worth it to buy one just to admire the finish.  I wish I could find the time to go out to the range.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:54:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

MillerTime85

I don't know if you want to, but care to reveal your source for your gun. I might pass up my local place if your source has anymore,

I just can't get over the condition of that gun

Unfortunately , I picked it up from a dealer at a local gun show... So I  don't think that is possible.  And there are no arsenal refinish markings that the other guy was speaking of and all serial numbers match.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:31:29 PM EDT
[#14]
My friend with the C&R license got his from AIM surplus and he paid $10 bucks extra for hand select.
His is in excellent condition just like MillerTime85's rifle.

Here is a very interesting note for all of you K31 owners. For some reason, alot of the Swiss people would remove the butt plate and put in either a piece of paper or small engraved plastic legend with
their name and address under the butt plate.  My friend removed his butt plate tonight and sure enough, there was a name and address in Luzern Hergiswil Swizerland. So when you get a minute, check under your butt plate and report the results here if you find anything.

Here is a pic of my friend's new K31:

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:37:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:11:05 AM EDT
[#16]

the swiss flu strikes again!!

no cure known

To think, a country never involed in wars, building such an amazing and sought after rifle????

Maybe their just being nice, cause they know their supperior weapons would win???

mmmm swiss chocolate
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:55:02 PM EDT
[#17]
NICE condition, mine is a good stock but it has a repaired/arsenaled stock.  I wanted the serial number tho.

Are you left handed?

Notice the sling point on the barrel band.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:08:38 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
NICE condition, mine is a good stock but it has a repaired/arsenaled stock.  I wanted the serial number tho.

Are you left handed?

Notice the sling point on the barrel band.

I am left handed, but thats how the gun came.  I guess the guy who had it before me was also left handed.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:55:12 AM EDT
[#19]
The name under the buttplate, if it is there, belongs to the last guy the rifle was issued to.  Go to www.swissrifles.com for info on how to contact the Swiss guy who last carried your rifle.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:52:42 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The name under the buttplate, if it is there, belongs to the last guy the rifle was issued to.  Go to www.swissrifles.com for info on how to contact the Swiss guy who last carried your rifle.

ya, that was one of the first things I checked, unfortunately no paper in mine.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:39:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top