Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2003 10:30:11 AM EDT
Ok it took me a while but i got a few pics of my FAL.
Enjoy.

here's a close up of the flash hider, grenade launcher..

and here's a pic of the chromed chamber, i was not able to get a pic of the bore also chromed.

HUNTER.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 10:50:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice Hunter.  I recently saw an Argentine FAL at a gun show with a serial number of 00003 and it looked just like yours, except for the rear sight which was one of those odd dial types.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 11:04:00 AM EDT
[#2]
0003?!?! That's cool! Yeah all of the serial #s on FM weapons start with 0 but 0003? that's neat!...are Argie FALs considered PREban up there?

HUNTER.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 11:38:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Hunter:

So what is the difference between Argentine FAL's and the Steyer STG-58 other than the flash hider?

Spambo
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 12:46:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Not all are pre ban here. Alot of argie parts kits around and alot built on postban uppers. I have an Argie para kit I installed on an Israeli Pre ban. As soon as i figure out how to post pics I will. P.S. Its for sale hint hint lol.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 12:49:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes some are Pre ban. Some built from argie kits though may not depends on what upper reiever was used. I have an Argi para kit I installed on a pre ban Israeli FAL.As soon as i find out how to get pics up I will. Its also for sale hint hint.Thanks
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:16:15 PM EDT
[#6]
My Belgium looks just like it.

Nice rifle HUNTER223.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:18:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hunter:

So what is the difference between Argentine FAL's and the Steyer STG-58 other than the flash hider?

Spambo

Ok, i'm not quite sure about the specs on the STG-58, but i can tell you a bit about the Argie FAL specs.
Bore and Chamber are chrome linned, barrels are made by a proces called cold hammered.  Finish is park and a hard paint over it, which makes it virtually UNDESTRUCTIBLE(sp).  The flash hidder on Argie FALs can be used as a grenade launching device.  Also, argie FALs are metric.

HUNTER.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:31:13 PM EDT
[#8]
The hand guard on the STG-58 are metal, and they heat up quickly, if the weapon is fired rapidly.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:29:46 AM EDT
[#9]
There's more metric FAL types than you can shake a stick at.  That's why there so cool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top