Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2002 6:35:28 AM EDT
I am posting these pics for GreyGhost. Very cool tiger stripe cammo!!!

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:40:35 AM EDT
[#1]

I need one of those - matches my hair !!
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:45:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Man, that looks great.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:45:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice, only have three questions.

1. Why GreyGhost? Am I missing something, but I don't see any grey.[edited to say opps, nevermind]

B. Howdidga doit???

Third. Cool Break what kind is it?
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:58:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I am posting these pics for GreyGhost. Very cool tiger stripe cammo!!!

How durable is the finish?  I like the looks of it.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:56:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Like the cloud forecast??...

"High, thin and scattered"??

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 8:43:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Great looking finish.

I'll second RangmasterD's question: What kind of break is that? It does look cool!
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:48:22 AM EDT
[#7]
BRAKE!!! It's MUZZLE BRAKE, not break!!!

BTW, cool camo job.

Carry on.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 12:58:29 PM EDT
[#8]
That looks like a pimp rifle.What idiot would do that.Hold on, that looks like my rifle......

Seriously,here's the story...
1.A friend of mine has an airbrush shop.I took him a tiger stripe bdu and had him do it on a weapon.The paint drys quickly so I was able to take it home and bake it for 2 hours at 200 degrees in a metal paint locker I've turned into a oven.This will not hurt any of the plastic parts.

The guy charged me $250.I supplied the moly kote,which I already had from another project.It's done in tan,brown,olive drab and flat black.It's a lot more detailed than the pics show.It took the guy about 2 1/2 hours to do it.

2.The coating is John Norrells moly kote.It's a moly/epoxy paint.It's durable but like any coating it will scratch if you abuse it whether it be anodizing,teflon,parkerizing or what have you.Do a search for John Norrell and you'll find info.It's good stuff.

3.The brake is a M60 look a like made by Kurts Kustom.If you can dream it up Kurt can make it. Actually I don't know if this would be considered a brake or a flash suppressor but as this was put on a preban receiver that's a moot point.

A BIG Thank You to new-arguy.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 1:00:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I'm trying to picture this in my mind and I decided that was more than I need to know.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 1:03:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like the cloud forecast??...

"High, thin and scattered"??

WELL I never !!
(At least I have a 'clear' mind.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top