Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2003 6:29:55 PM EDT

My meager collection of firearms.  I am striving to purchase the best available models of all firearm classes.  Pictured:

Sig Sauer 226 9mm
HK USP 40 S&W
Remington Rand 1911 45 ACP
PWA CAR-15 .223
Benelli M1 Tactical 12 guage
Smith & Wesson S.W.A.T. folding blade

I am planning to add an M1A for my battle & long range rifle, and a Ruger MK II suppressed .22 cal pistol for the "wet work", in case TSHTF.  The Sig will be my carry gun once my CWP is approved.

By the way, I have an Aimpoint and a Bushnell Holosight for the CAR-15, and a M6 taclight/laser to eventually mount on the HK.

Comments and opinions are appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 6:33:25 PM EDT
[#1]
A damn fine collection.  Add the M1A and you'll have everything covered.

Excellent.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 6:35:19 PM EDT
[#2]
nice collection-  an M1a would make it complete.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 6:44:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd Hit It!
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 7:37:27 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a disease...  then again, my investments have held their value more than my friend's portfolios - and mine are a hell of a lot more fun!

Some have gone to new homes, a few new ones have come here to stay and we don't have pics in the baby album yet...  Anyway, don't think of it as an addiction, think of it as a retirement fund!
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 7:45:56 PM EDT
[#5]
DARN both of you... All I have is a Marlin 25N .22lr and a Remington 760 Gamemaster pump action .30/06. But it's a start for a 15 year old living in CA I guess. Once I join the USMC, I'll post a pic of my M16,OK?
Edited to say: And why would anyone need that many guns?
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 7:58:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
And why would anyone need that many guns?

And the proper 2nd amendment responce to that is...............What does need have to do with it.  It is my right to have guns, therfore if I want them, I can have them.  Need has nothing to do with it.

I want them, I get them....you can have them when you pry them from my cold dead hands.

PS  since you own guns and are talking in this forum, I know you are not anti-gun, but that is a statement heard very often from ani-gunners.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 8:14:57 PM EDT
[#7]
You know, the scary thing, sometime I ask myself do I really need that many?  Need, no.  Want yes...  Does Jerry Seinfeld need a collection of like 100 Porsches?  I don't think he NEEDS one.  He can be transported on the bus, cab, limo, Honda Accord...  He WANTS them, and I say all the power to him.  Do I need a gun?  In my opinion yes, it is a dangerous world.  Maybe I don't need this many, but its my right.  The local judge who signed my pistol permit knows what I have, as does the local sheriff.  Most, like 95%, of my guns were purchased at the shop I worked in, so all on yellow forms.  Got nothing to hide.  I am a law-abiding American, and this is part of our heritage.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 8:47:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Guys, it was a joke. Sorry if it was taken too seriously, I didn't mean it that way. I was making fun of anti-gun people by saying that. If I had the money, I would want to buy as many firearms as I could fit in my house!!
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 9:22:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Actually, Ive been making my collection smaller and smaller.  Id rather get good with a few than have a bunch at this point in my gun owning career.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 9:27:08 PM EDT
[#10]

I hear you, Lumpy!  I have owned probably 35 firearms in the past five years, and looking back, I wasted an a$$load of money on pretty shiny things that caught my eye at gun shows.

I wish I had realized early on that you only need one full size auto when it is the BEST!
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 9:36:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, I'll be in the process of selling off soon... daddy needs a car...  But this way at least I've tried em and know what I like!
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 4:42:34 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Yeah, I'll be in the process of selling off soon... daddy needs a car...  But this way at least I've tried em and know what I like!

Well Sir I just looked over your collection and found hardly nothing that you should get rid of. May be a SKS or pistol.But everything else was a must. :) I know, I have a similar collection myself.WD
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 5:53:46 AM EDT
[#13]
I too pared down to the essentials, and I am still thinking I need to pare down further.  I just can't figure out what I should get rid of.
I'm getting more and more into IDPA so pistols are on my mind more lately than rifles.  Besides, down here with the apparent demise of SFDCC there isn't much fun to be had with rifles.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 6:32:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Hey, it's all a matter of balancing needs and wants.  To my way of thinking everyone needs a gun or two, though some don't realize it.  It's the 'wants' part that takes the work, some folks want more, some less.  Whatever trips your trigger.

edit: I can't spell
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 10:29:11 AM EDT
[#15]
hey hiram,
how many safes do you own?

i would LOVE to have a collection like that.  right now i only have three, an EAA o/u 12g, 10/22(totally rebuilt) and rra middy a3 ar15.  i have bought and sold five others. (three of them just to build my AR)

i say keep it growing!!
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 2:54:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Well I have the pistols in one safe, around a dozen rifles and shotguns at my place in another safe and the remainder are stored at a friend's place.  He bought an old jeweler's vault that holds around 50 rifles and I take up quite a bit of it.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 9:45:21 PM EDT
[#17]
You guys ever go through your safe and "find" a gun you didn't know you had? I "discovered" a russian SKS last week.

I really need a digital camera.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 11:50:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Actually, Ive been making my collection smaller and smaller.  Id rather get good with a few than have a bunch at this point in my gun owning career.

"Fear the man who owns one gun".

I think you make an excellent point Lumpy. It is much easier to practice with a few guns and master them than to have a house full of them that you know little about. That's smart thinking (although I can't break my addiction).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top