Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 79
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 12:32:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice to see excellent customer service - even all the way from Russia.
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 3:13:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Ivan Tactical just gave me an RMA for my Perst 2. There does seem to be a small number of them with a firmware problem

They are sending a replacement now and I'll get mine shipped out today
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 3:20:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes, it is possible when Perst 2 has remote switch connected. When you push the rear button, IR laser and illuminator switches to visible light and green laser.
https://ibb.co/qm6pj6d
View Quote
If someone could make a video of that it would be helpful
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 4:27:08 PM EDT
[#4]
My ZenitCo order thru eBay arrived so 25 days from Russia to my door. Pretty excited to play with these units.

Glad to see ZenitCo has a legit warranty also.
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 9:21:53 PM EDT
[#5]
You need 50 posts to show pics.
View Quote
Oof! 50?! I guess i better talk up a storm on here over the next week. Ive been lurking here and reading for a long while, but just this week got an email i could sign up with.

I got a Perst-1 laser coming in the mail tomorrow morning, itll be going on an SBR MP5. Im really excited to see an IR laser under NVGs.
Is there a pressure switch available for the Perst-1? If so, is it as big as the Perst-3’s?
Whats the reasonable usable range like on these?
Theyre so cheap... im expecting it to be like a cheap chinese toy youd get at the arcade, but i hope i am surprised by it. For 135$, i might buy a few more if this one is decent.
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 10:04:29 PM EDT
[#6]
my perst 4 arrived yesterday

ordered directly from ivan on the 5th , shipped on the 6th , arrived yesterday the 18th

just under 2 weeks for delivery , this was with the expedited shipping

holy crap , both the vis green and ir lasers are much more powerful than my dbal a3

think i'm going to have to get a perst 3 ordered up to see what the illuminator is really like
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 10:52:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Is there a pressure switch available for the Perst-1? If so, is it as big as the Perst-3's?
View Quote
Ivan has a couple switches

Perst-1 on my beater gun

Link Posted: 7/19/2019 11:35:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

New switch prototype from Zentico.

Also, ordered my Perst-3 on the 4th and it still hasn't shipped. Looks like I drew the short straw between shipments.
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 11:50:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Damm zentico isn’t screwing around
I wonder if you could cut the lead on that switch and put a surefire plug in it
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 7:44:09 AM EDT
[#10]
REMOVED
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 7:59:49 AM EDT
[#11]
My Perst-3 came in a few days ago. One month from order. Once it cleared customs it was at my door in 2 days. Spent about an hour with it last night in the back yard. Initial impressions are excellent. I only have about 100 yards viewing area, and had to deal with city ambient light. Previous observations by DevL are spot on.

I had wondered if the illuminator focus was able to spread far enough.  With a helmet mounted PVS14 and the diffuser cover on it's good to 35 yards, but in the city it dies after that. Pull the cover off and at max spread it's a bit small from 35 - 75. Minor gripe. Still very useable. But just didn't have that full coverage spread that my D2 can get. Beyond 75 yards it seemed great.

Viewing the illuminator through magnification: PVS-22 / S&B 3x12 PMII - At 100 yards the illuminator (max spread) is in the neighborhood of about 60 - 65 mils.  At 3x power the illumination covered 3/4 of my FOV. Bump my scope mag up to 5x and it fills the view. Again this in in the city so I probably didn't even see the full spill. I was more than pleased with the illuminator with magnification. It was damn near perfect. As far as any concern that it won't size down small enough, trust me it's not a concern. You can focus it down to a small skinny rectangle aiming point. I think downrange the illuminator is going to be sweet.

The illuminator seemed a touch brighter/more intense than both my A2/D2, the only 2 I compared it to this time. Much cleaner, more defined and brighter than the A2, not as clean as the D2, but surprisingly not far off. I've spooked animals with the downrange signature of the D2, so PERST removes that problem.

Yeah, I'll be buying a couple more of these...
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 8:55:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The illuminator seemed a touch brighter/more intense than both my A2/D2, the only 2 I compared it to this time. Much cleaner, more defined and brighter than the A2, not as clean as the D2, but surprisingly not far off. I've spooked animals with the downrange signature of the D2, so PERST removes that problem.

View Quote
@fongman that sounds pretty promising! I think I might pick one up myself if this is the case.
I can get a D2 NIB for 1,000$... Do you think it is worth it over the Perst? Ive never used either...
a comparison is a comparison, but to someone who doesnt know too much and is just getting started, the information isnt as appreciated as it aught to be. Which do you suggest for a first-time buyer?
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 9:45:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

@fongman that sounds pretty promising! I think I might pick one up myself if this is the case.
I can get a D2 NIB for 1,000$... Do you think it is worth it over the Perst? Ive never used either...
a comparison is a comparison, but to someone who doesnt know too much and is just getting started, the information isnt as appreciated as it aught to be. Which do you suggest for a first-time buyer?
View Quote
The achilles heel of all LED based illuminators is the visible signature. If that's not in your use case, then I wouldn't worry about it. If it is, then keep it in mind.
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 9:53:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The achilles heel of all LED based illuminators is the visible signature. If that's not in your use case, then I wouldn't worry about it. If it is, then keep it in mind.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The D2 is also about 4oz heavier than the Perst-3, which might be a factor in your decision making process.
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 10:43:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Like has been said, I don't like the downrange signature, the weight and the bulk of the D2. And the battery drain really bugs me. I haven't used the Perst at longer distance yet, but I bet it's going to be great. I don't know the reliability of the unit as well. Does it retain zero under real use? Does it even continue to work as time goes on? If you have problems how's the warranty? Seems we are starting to get a few answers on that now, but it is still an unknown. Having said all that I like the Perst enough to say I'll be buying another this year. I have no plans on buying another D2, and would even consider replacing it with a Perst at some point.
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 1:08:41 PM EDT
[#16]
@fongman Now you’re asking the real questions!
Maybe yours can be the test dummy. If its durable, and you write up a really nice review which sends Ivan some business, maybe youll get lucky and theyll get you a second one free of charge!

No, it seems truly promising, but your questions are legitimate. Theyre made by Zenitco, which, as far as ive seen, are a proper company. If they hold zero, hold under recoil, are durable, actually water resistant as they aught to be, and they dont just “break,” then the warranty part doesnt concern me all too much. But, as new to the market as they are, that is a really big question, and yours is a sample of 1. I highly doubt too many folks will be dropping the ??????? ?????-3 onto a fancy .375 H&H, so whatever you got yours on should suffice as a recoil test, assuming it isnt an M&P-15/22, but i dont know who would even do that to begin with...
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 2:06:39 PM EDT
[#17]
I've about 400 rounds fired though 2 guns on my Perst-4.  Absolutely love it.

Not as much use with my Perst-2.  But I wouldn't mind having another.
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 9:00:19 PM EDT
[#18]
I wonder if the perst 2 shut off issues are why zenitco has told me they arent ready yet....
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 9:15:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Watching this thread closely. I have a Perst 2 with a serial number earlier than the guys having issues. Not experiencing any issues with shut off. Had it on for a few minutes straight and am not experiencing shut off or dimming. Maybe I got lucky.

Anything else I should look for?
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 9:56:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 11:45:48 PM EDT
[#21]
I can't be reading the IR illuminator spec right on the Perst 3.

From the site, the IR illuminator output is 500mW. For reference, the full power PEQ15 is 30mW on the 'high' setting.

Am I reading something wrong or is this illuminator somehow exponentially more powerful than the PEQ15?

Perst 3

The module also has on/off and mode indicator. IR illuminator beam angle is adjustable. Illuminator operating range is up to 1200 meters.  The module is Picatinny rail mounted.

Visible green laser (12 mW).

IR laser (850 nm, 20 mW).

IR illuminator (850 nm, 500 mW).

PEQ15

IR Illuminator - ATPIAL
Output Power Low: 3.5 mW (Class IIIa)
Output Power High: 30 mW (Class IIIb)
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 12:08:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Perst 4 on the KR-9
Gas tube is an IPSC Lab with a left side non reciprocating charging handle similar to an MP5. I really like the design. They did it right

Link Posted: 7/21/2019 12:15:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Thought that was your gun for a minute, I was going to ask you what (weaponlight?) that was at 6:00

Welcome back from the dead again.

Did you end up getting NODs?

I'm definitely going to have to snag me a PERST one of these days. Likely the 3 as well for IR illum onboard
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Thought that was your gun for a minute, I was going to ask you what (weaponlight?) that was at 6:00

Welcome back from the dead again.

Did you end up getting NODs?

I'm definitely going to have to snag me a PERST one of these days. Likely the 3 as well for IR illum onboard
Not mine, tho I am very tempted to get another AK and roll it through the zentico catalog.

That's a Zentico klesch 2 which can be had in viz and IR.

Haven't got NODs yet but I'm planning too in a month or so. I bought the PERST-3 before the nods because I'm a little worried that with all the new attention on the Russian beamz that some governing body will kill imports.
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 12:21:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:00:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My Perst-3 came in a few days ago. One month from order. Once it cleared customs it was at my door in 2 days. Spent about an hour with it last night in the back yard. Initial impressions are excellent. I only have about 100 yards viewing area, and had to deal with city ambient light. Previous observations by DevL are spot on.

I had wondered if the illuminator focus was able to spread far enough.  With a helmet mounted PVS14 and the diffuser cover on it's good to 35 yards, but in the city it dies after that. Pull the cover off and at max spread it's a bit small from 35 - 75. Minor gripe. Still very useable. But just didn't have that full coverage spread that my D2 can get. Beyond 75 yards it seemed great.

Viewing the illuminator through magnification: PVS-22 / S&B 3x12 PMII - At 100 yards the illuminator (max spread) is in the neighborhood of about 60 - 65 mils.  At 3x power the illumination covered 3/4 of my FOV. Bump my scope mag up to 5x and it fills the view. Again this in in the city so I probably didn't even see the full spill. I was more than pleased with the illuminator with magnification. It was damn near perfect. As far as any concern that it won't size down small enough, trust me it's not a concern. You can focus it down to a small skinny rectangle aiming point. I think downrange the illuminator is going to be sweet.

View Quote
Did you also notice if the IR pointer was less round in shape than your A2/D2?
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 11:53:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Perst 4 on the KR-9
Gas tube is an IPSC Lab with a left side non reciprocating charging handle similar to an MP5. I really like the design. They did it right
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73202/20190720_100936-1024287.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73202/20190720_100931-1024288.jpg
View Quote
Yup, I want to party with you...
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 6:46:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Perst 4 on the KR-9
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73202/20190720_100936-1024287.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73202/20190720_100931-1024288.jpg
Standing offer to come out to Impact Zone in Brookshire my friend. We just need to use suppressors after dark but I have steel we can setup and shoot from the main bay, or we can shoot from 100 yards on the rifle range at steel too

Hopefully after I get back from SE Asia next month I can start working on my land to get the backstop built, and we could do up to 200 yard shooting at night out there
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Did you also notice if the IR pointer was less round in shape than your A2/D2?
View Quote
I did check and basically it is not. My Perst at distance actually appeared a bit more defined. I was using it at it's lowest setting. But was only using it at 100 yards.

I just rechecked in a dark room. It is basically round except for a slight bump at 4 O'clock. But it still seemed more defined than my D2. On par with my A2.

Intensity level wise: On low setting the Perst is equal to the D2 on high. Perst is brighter than the A2 when both are on low. Putting the Perst and the A2 on high, the A2 seemed just a few percentage points brighter. The bloom appeared greater on the A2, but the points seemed equal in definition.

Between the 3 units and the pointer operation, I prefer the Perst. Disclaimer: My A2 is an old unit. For constant on you have to switch to constant on. There is no double tap for constant on, so it's dated.

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 7:17:13 PM EDT
[#29]
For anyone thinking about warranty issues, I shipped my Perst 2 to Ivan Tactical today and they said they would send a replacement with updated firmware tomorrow. I don't have to wait for them to receive my unit and repair, they are sending me a brand new one
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 11:01:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
For anyone thinking about warranty issues, I shipped my Perst 2 to Ivan Tactical today and they said they would send a replacement with updated firmware tomorrow. I don't have to wait for them to receive my unit and repair, they are sending me a brand new one
View Quote
Wow. Really??? Thats actually really good... i might just buy a Perst-3 this week then.
Buuuut — what was wrong with yours as to where you had to send it back?
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 2:31:07 AM EDT
[#31]
So I am going with one of these week but I really torn between the Perst-3 Green+ and the Perst-2 Green+. I don't really need the white light but I like the 18650 and ease of changing. Looking at it though I would think the front Iron would be blocked by the white light. Can someone with a pest-2 confirm this? I am not a hardcore must have back up irons guy unless I am using a red dot and I may go with a 1/3rd mount T2. I currently have a 1-8 Accupower. What other updates does the 3 + have over the original other than increased power? Gonna go with the bay for purchase. Thanks.

Edit*Saw the pic of the -2 mounted page 10. Lower than I expected*
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:43:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Wow. Really??? Thats actually really good... i might just buy a Perst-3 this week then.
Buuuut  what was wrong with yours as to where you had to send it back?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Buuuut  what was wrong with yours as to where you had to send it back?
There are a number of Perst 2 that need a firmware update. When I set the illuminator on high it starts to fade out within about 30 seconds and is completely off around 60 seconds. Low power illum and the laser work normally, and high power will come back on after a minute or so
Truth be told I don't even think the issue is particularly serious because I rarely run around blasting illum on full power for any length of time. It's a principle thing mostly...I want it to work as advertised, plus we all get to see how effective the customer service is

I've had to RMA a couple optics from Russian distributors in the US and they have all gone really well. I buy a ton of Russian stuff but this is the first time I've had to deal directly with Russia. So far so good

eta: Just got the tracking number from them
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:49:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So I am going with one of these week but I really torn between the Perst-3 Green+ and the Perst-2 Green+. I don't really need the white light but I like the 18650 and ease of changing. Looking at it though I would think the front Iron would be blocked by the white light. Can someone with a pest-2 confirm this? I am not a hardcore must have back up irons guy unless I am using a red dot and I may go with a 1/3rd mount T2. I currently have a 1-8 Accupower. What other updates does the 3 + have over the original other than increased power? Gonna go with the bay for purchase. Thanks.

Edit*Saw the pic of the -2 mounted page 10. Lower than I expected*
View Quote
I can confirm Perst 2 white light is NOT blocked by the irons on my AK105. I don't know why I doubted the Russkies but when I bought Perst 2 that was my biggest worry, however, ZenitCo knows the AK and Perst 2 is quite well designed. The hotspot is completely unaffected by the FSB and while it does cast a shadow it's very low right in the field of view and much lower than most barrel or Ultimak light mount solutions I've used. I saw decent throw out to about 100 yards and the FSB shadow isn't a factor
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 8:37:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Just finished sighting in my Perst-1 that i got today.

For anyone wondering:
You have to loosen the locking screws before adjusting the laser, and theyre pretty well tightened in there.. The manual is in Russian, and, well, im not so fluent. It didnt seem to say anything about the locking screws though. The adjustments are self-explanatory, twisting the screws loose press the laser emitter in the direction the L-shaped thing is being pushed. Depending upon where on your gun you have it, loosening it adjusts up and left, tightening the screws adjust down and right (if your laser is mounted on the bottom of your gun). There are not “clicks” or anything, just fractions of rotations. I can’t tell you how many Mils or MoA each rotation is, but surely there is plenty of room for adjustment. Its a simple design, but appears sturdy. Time will tell.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 8:38:29 AM EDT
[#35]
(New members only allowed 2,000 characters, and i forgot to hit “post” last night)
[part 2/2]

It seems to have around a 3-5 MoA dot, and is fairly bright. Looking at the Perst-1 from the front (at least with an iPhone 7s+’s camera) you can see the laser diode glowing violet. It was awfully humid out, and eventually started downpouring, but i could see the laserbeam trail from my rifle to the impaxt point roughly 50m away, noticable through my PVS-14 Omni VII Pinnacle Gen III. The point was crisp and circular, but bright enough even with my manual gain all the way down that there was a small amount of splash around the designated point, at least at this distance. There is the standard “constant on” mode (tap once), as well as the ‘’momentary on” mode (hold down), and a 2-ticks-per-second strobe mode (double-tap). When on, a blue indicator light comes on in the back – it blinks when in strobe mode – I can’t call it a dim light, but i cant really call it bright either. You will know it is on, but the light will not be distracting, nor will it flare up real bad in your NVGs. I’ll give an update on how the Perst-1 holds zero, and whether or not it returns to zero, after my next range trip.

For $135.00, if it holds zero, and doesn’t break for no reason, i’d this is a great option for a starter IR laser... or for poor people who manage to have NVGs, but are on a really tight budget somehow. Mine will likely stay on the bottom of my MP5 SBR for a long while. I like how it fits, and where it sits. It takes up 3-4 rail slots. I have the Perst-1 on the bottom, X300V on the right, and my sling mounts onto the left.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 2:31:38 PM EDT
[#36]

The Russians are coming!!!

Ordered a perst 4 for my .308. The green + variety. Curious how it does.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 5:35:53 PM EDT
[#37]
@nmxdavenn
where did you get that “IT’S MA’AM” patch? I usually don’t care for odd patches, but that’s too funny.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:18:13 PM EDT
[#38]
https://www.violentlittle.com/products/its-maam-morale-patch

I usually don’t either but that one spoke to me.
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 11:41:47 PM EDT
[#39]
REMOVED
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 11:47:03 PM EDT
[#40]
I just snagged a used Perst 4P for a song.

I’ll give a review once I get it and try it out.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 12:29:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
https://i.postimg.cc/R0wxPrf6/67458735-2371332146473815-633066162111905792-o-copy.jpg

all of the 4s are gone, couple of the 3s remain. next shipment due in a couple of weeks.
View Quote
@BPT1775
Will this provide legitimately useful illumination out to 1000 yd?  My scope/NVD/rifle combination is capable of that distance and I have somewhere I can do it at, but I don't want to bother with one of these unless it will actually get me that far w/o running out of gas.  We shoot IPSC silhouettes and such to give an idea of target size.  I realize that it depends on lighting conditions, but let's assume a moonless night...  DARK.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 2:33:19 AM EDT
[#42]
REMOVED
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 11:03:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

@BPT1775
Will this provide legitimately useful illumination out to 1000 yd?  My scope/NVD/rifle combination is capable of that distance and I have somewhere I can do it at, but I don't want to bother with one of these unless it will actually get me that far w/o running out of gas.  We shoot IPSC silhouettes and such to give an idea of target size.  I realize that it depends on lighting conditions, but let's assume a moonless night...  DARK.
View Quote
@fordkicksass
I think you will be pleasantly surprised that it will go out futher.
Source: Our long range is in a DARK canyon and we were shooting our 36" x 36" 1790yd target from the 300yd line with a PVS-30 & Perst-3+
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 1:28:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

its 500mw, i cant imagine it wont. ill try and set up a test somewhere and see what I can come up with.
View Quote
Thanks for the responses.  The power definitely looks up to it, I was more wondering if it focused down tight enough to throw that power out a long ways because, in the video, it looked like the illuminator beam does not get as tight as an ATILLA or GCP.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 6:44:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Thanks for the responses.  The power definitely looks up to it, I was more wondering if it focused down tight enough to throw that power out a long ways because, in the video, it looked like the illuminator beam does not get as tight as an ATILLA or GCP.
View Quote
My Perst-3 illuminator will tighten to an elongated point. It tightens way below necessary. I wish it would expand a bit more, but tightening is NOT an issue.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 7:10:05 PM EDT
[#46]
The Klesch Ir light seems like it would be really nice for a helmet IR illum device.

Anyone have any hands on use with one?
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 7:18:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The Klesch Ir light seems like it would be really nice for a helmet IR illum device.

Anyone have any hands on use with one?
View Quote
I had a similar thought. In for an answer...
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:42:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

My Perst-3 illuminator will tighten to an elongated point. It tightens way below necessary. I wish it would expand a bit more, but tightening is NOT an issue.
View Quote
Glad to hear, thanks for posting that.  I may have misunderstood what he was saying in the video but I thought that was as tight as it gets.  Either that or there is some variation between different individual units.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 9:22:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Glad to hear, thanks for posting that.  I may have misunderstood what he was saying in the video but I thought that was as tight as it gets.  Either that or there is some variation between different individual units.
View Quote
Well it's Russian made... DevL commented that his pointer is mis-shaped, mine is pretty round and defined. My sample size of one is pretty impressive thus far. Looking forward to the Fall when I"ll have time to take it out to distance.
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 8:50:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Jeez, did I miss the part about you being a dealer or ? Nice spread.
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top