Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2017 5:48:10 PM EDT
Looking for best price on base Comtac III's (W/Gel cups)but, am hesitant to throw $324 w/ free shipping at Botach. Do we have an industry member with competitive pricing?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:14:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looking for best price on base Comtac III's (W/Gel cups)but, am hesitant to throw $324 w/ free shipping at Botach. Do we have an industry member with competitive pricing?
View Quote
I just bought a pair from Botach and there were $299 shipped, Change it to the Light Green model, it's still $299. The black one is $325
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:45:39 PM EDT
[#2]
if only I could get the com versions for that price :p
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:53:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Just got mine from botach.........countered with $250, they came back at $270 shipped. I FOd
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:16:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just got mine from botach.........countered with $250, they came back at $270 shipped. I FOd
View Quote
Damn 

could of saved $30
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:33:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just bought a pair from Botach and there were $299 shipped, Change it to the Light Green model, it's still $299. The black one is $325
View Quote
Called yesterday and they were out of the Foliage. Went to place an order and saw they are charging more for the Black.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:56:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
if only I could get the com versions for that price :p
View Quote
Shoot me a PM if you are really interested in such a deal.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:54:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm looking also. I don't need the comm version.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:55:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Called yesterday and they were out of the Foliage. Went to place an order and saw they are charging more for the Black.
View Quote
Well I ordered mine on the 21st, hopefully I got them before they were "out"

I noticed that the website still says that the Foliage are in stock and still on sale for $299??....
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:07:53 PM EDT
[#9]
We're talking about the non-comm version, right? I have Sordins but I'd love to find a pair of comm-capable Comtac IIIs.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:11:08 PM EDT
[#10]
dont mean to derail this but are the comm 3's really that much better than say the electronic howard leight impact sport $50 ones?

i've been using the HL's hard for 2-3 yrs now and not seen a failure.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 2:06:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
dont mean to derail this but are the comm 3's really that much better than say the electronic howard leight impact sport $50 ones?

i've been using the HL's hard for 2-3 yrs now and not seen a failure.
View Quote
Yes sound quality and compression vs cutting sound and gel ears are vastly improved.

Also, here is a great comtac vendor.

SRS Tactical
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 8:20:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yes sound quality and compression vs cutting sound and gel ears are vastly improved.

Also, here is a great comtac vendor.

SRS Tactical
View Quote
interesting and thanks. the gel ears would be nice too.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 9:17:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Whatever you do, avoid 'Tool Deals' on Amazon.

Just got through some bullshit with them where they listed in stock items, charged the card and then magically had a 'warehouse error' and then dont have the item and are a total pain in the ass to deal with.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 7:02:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Sorry for the thread drift, but just a quick question.

How easy is it to convert the non-comm version to a comm version in the future?

Is it even possible?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 8:43:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sorry for the thread drift, but just a quick question.

How easy is it to convert the non-comm version to a comm version in the future?

Is it even possible?

Thanks
View Quote
The Comtacs? Pretty simple, but not cheap, nor as streamlined as buying a comm version from the factory.

All you need is a boom mic (~$150) and a y-cable ($100). You plug the boom mic into the y-cable, and the y-cable into the earcup. As a result, you have a bunch of extra dangly cables hanging off the back of your earcup. Whereas on a factory comm version the boom mic can plug directly into the earcup and you only have a single cable downlead off the back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top