Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2018 10:02:27 AM EDT
I was lucky enough to find a older Pedersoli Sharps in 45-70 Govt. at a very good price- so I`m happily on my way to learning how to load and shoot black powder cartridges.

The rifle currently has a rear long range Soule sight made by Armi San Marco with a eye piece with a very small, fixed aperture.

I`m finding the eye piece aperture is too small to give me a bright enough sight picture, and the sight adjustments are not repeatable or positive- when I re-tighten the windage or elevation lock after making a sight change I lose or change the adjustment I just tried to make.
I`ve researched and found the Italian sights aren`t always the best and that my complaint is a common one.

I`m thinking of using a rear sight and adjustable eye piece from Lee Shaver Lee Shaver Soule

Has anyone here used one of his sights or done business with him?
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 11:00:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I was doing the research myself and they were well regarded along with MVA.

In the end I bought a used vernier sight by C. sharps co.

Cast boolits websight members often recommend the lee shaver sights.  Google will find you some comments.

I hope that helps even though I have no personal experience with the models by lee.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 11:50:29 AM EDT
[#2]
They are a good sight, solid and repeatable.
I prefer Baldwin's but its more coin.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 7:19:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I've known Lee Shaver for a decade.  He's a straight shooter in all ways, I can recommend him with complete confidence.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 7:54:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help- I ordered a Lee Shaver  Soule sight with a Hadley eye cup today.

Looking forward to getting them-
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top