Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2002 8:21:43 AM EDT
I took my 8 year old son out to the local WalMart store this weekend and bought him his first Daisy BB gun.
We stayed up half the night talking about gun safety and shooting rules, all the things that my father and grandfather taught me as a boy.
The very next morning we were off to the woods to do some tin can hunting.
What a great feeling it was to see my son starting off with such enthusiasm. Such a fine young man, learning what his father, and other fathers have all learned.
It was a proud moment for me.
I love this country so much.

TroDog

Link Posted: 4/28/2002 9:33:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome and congrats that you are passing such a legacy on.

I remember when I gave my son his BB gun, it is a Red Ryder and he loves it. He is now asking for his first real gun. I am thinking a bolt gun in .22 myself. The only advice I give is don't push your kids to hard because sometimes it may push them right out of the sport. Best of luck.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 9:37:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Congrats, mine will four in july and I look forward to the day I get to teach HER responsible firearm handling.  Have fun be safe.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 11:49:42 AM EDT
[#3]
When I bought my son his first Daisy he took to it like a fish to water or better said like a boy to a BB gun. I thought it was great until I saw all the pop cans in the back yard. Took a half hour to collect them up and cost me about $10 (lost deposits). Guess I shouldn't wait so long to return the empties.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top