Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2014 4:20:58 AM EDT
I had a Mossberg 42-MB that a Brit shortened the barrel threaded/recrowned and made a sporter out of.

It shot just fine but to be honest I just did not need another host. I have three complete 42-MBs (each with a extra mag in the stock recess under the butt plate and a couple extra) so I did not need the parts. What with the shortened/ threaded barrel it could not even be rescued.

I decided to part it out on eBay as 42-MB parts bring very good money. The bolt, trap door butt plate, mag, trigger group brought $265.00 after the fees. There is no way I could have got that much selling the rifle straight out. I still have the stock, scope/mount, and barreled action.

During the time I had the parts at auction I got all kinds of "nastygrams" about what I jerk was for parting it out. You would think folks would realize that the opportunity for owners of 42-MBs to get their rifles up to snuff would be a good thing.

Here is what it looked like:

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:35:28 AM EDT
That looks like it was really well done, so I doubt I would have parted it out. I really don't understand why anyone else would give a shit if you did though, like you said there is no collector value to it and no chance of rescuing it.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:24:57 AM EDT
Dang would have been a sweet suppressed squirrel getter.

Well if you made 265 already someone was happy.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:37:46 AM EDT
Well, you know, some of that falls into "none of your dang business!!!"

It is your rifle, and last I checked, it is still America.  You can do with it as you wish.

If they are all that bent out of shape, they can give you 400 bucks for the thing and restore it back to original .

More power to you.

Doc
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 1:38:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/26/2014 1:38:21 AM EDT by BoRdErBaCoN]
My suppressor would have been on that so fast...  

To each their own - it's yours and you can wash it as hard and as fast as can do with it whatever you want.  

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:13:39 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BoRdErBaCoN:
My suppressor would have been on that so fast...  

To each their own - it's yours and you can wash it as hard and as fast as can do with it whatever you want.  

View Quote

It's threaded 1/2 X 20 so I had to use a adaptor. It shot OK but no better than the other half dozen or so sporter hosts I own.
Top Top