Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2002 11:05:08 AM EDT
I'm selling my TRP, and I had an offer for trade for a P14 Limited SS plus cash.

I've always wanted a Para, but I want to know how much this is worth as far as trade.  It only has one 10 rd mag, but has the coupon for the 2 hicaps.  It is 98% condition, 650 rounds through according to the owner.

How much are the hicaps with the coupon?  The seller says he thinks the hicaps are $50 each with the coupon.

Also, how much do hicaps usually cost minus the coupon.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 11:23:23 AM EDT
[#1]
The high capacity magazines are about what the seller told you ($45-$50), but Para Ordnance is fairly picky about letting them go. When I bought my P14 in '98, I was required to submit a my original receipt and a copy the 4473. I also seem to recall a time limit on the purchase of the magazines, like within a year of purchase. Normally pre-ban magazines are around $100 each. However, replacement magazine bodies, followers, floorplates, and springs are about $45 for each magazine (for the total cost of the parts).
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 11:26:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought one last year.

The certificate says,
"Redeemable By Retail Purchaser Only."

They wanted the receipt dated within 90 days of purchase along with form 4473.

Prices on others:
hometown.aol.com/chuckdvc/myhomepage/sale.html

PARA HIGH CAP MAGAZINES-
p-14 45 WITH FACTORY +2 BASE PADS. 75.00
P-16 40 cal Mags with factory +2 pads 75.00
Buy 5 or more and recieve 5.00 off each mag.
Plus shipping
I have a few in stainless, they are 80.00.

Call 1-859-362-4152 to order.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 11:51:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know how much a used one is worth, but
I just found my receipt.
On 12/23/00 I bought
a Stainless P-14 LTD with one stainless 14 round magazine and the coupon for $749.99 + $45.00 tax.

12/23!!

Looks like I was out last min. Christmas shopping.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 12:07:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I paid $650 for a used, minty, P14-Limited in blue with 2 hicaps and 1 10-round.

Just another data point.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 2:12:40 PM EDT
[#5]
WhenI got mine, the mags from the certificate were $49 each. Since then I have bought 12 more hicaps, at an average price of $75 each. When Para finally runs out of the grandfathered mags, the prices will surely go up. I'm negotiating for 2 more stainless mags now....Seller wants $90 each. He might sell them both to me for $160, which I'll jump on since they are still in the wrappers.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 2:19:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Bought a P14 Ltd. two years ago for $625 with one hicap and the certificate for two more.  

The two extras cost about $110 for the pair, shipped, but Para was really a bunch of jerks about the paperwork. Wanted the sales receipt, certificate, and copy of the 4473.

I do not believe that the certificate is redeemable by the second purchaser.  Given the scarcity, they will be looking for reasons not to redeem them.

OTOH, the mags are not hard to find, NIW for $75 or less.  I scored several for $60 each last year.

You might see if the owner will send in the certificates and get the mags, if he still can as part of your deal.

Great weapon, good luck!
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 2:23:39 PM EDT
[#7]
The P14 is one gun that I'd really like to own but I will never buy one bec of the price of the mags. My requirement is 5 hicap mags for every pistol that I own. All told that's over $1000 for a pistol and mags. Too rich for my blood.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 3:35:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The P14 is one gun that I'd really like to own but I will never buy one bec of the price of the mags. My requirement is 5 hicap mags for every pistol that I own. All told that's over $1000 for a pistol and mags. Too rich for my blood.

... Ah, but they are sooooo sweeeeeet
... Five is reasonable, 10 is better
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 4:03:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I have a lot more money invested in the mags than in the pistol itself!!  However, that just means I need to buy another pistol. This time it'll be a black P1445 Limited. Then I'll need more mags...   It's a sickness!
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 5:58:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I have a lot more money invested in the mags than in the pistol itself!!  However, that just means I need to buy another pistol. This time it'll be a black P1445 Limited. Then I'll need more mags...   It's a sickness!

That's my other point, I can't justify spending more on mags then for the pistol itself. Agh !
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 6:14:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

That's my other point, I can't justify spending more on mags then for the pistol itself. Agh !

Yep. When I first bought my 1445, I figured that the 2 mags would hold me. Then I found one for sale. Then another. And another. It's a little like AR magaholism, but more expensive. The main reason I've bought so many is that they will almost certainly appreciate in value. And, I like the Para platform so much that I fealt it was worth it. Nothing is more fun than an informal bowling pin competition against someone with a hi-cap 9mm or a 7 shot .45! It's almost cheating!
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 7:08:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I think $650 sounds OK.
You would be amazed at the type of receipts they can print at Kinkos.
I can send you a blank 4473 for "personal" use.
cpermd
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 7:31:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the feedback.

So it sounds like everyone likes there paras alot.  I was looking for one for a bit, but my attention was diverted elsewhere, as so often happens.

He emailed back saying he'll get me one hicap, so I don't really know why he never used his coupon, perhaps he ran into the same trouble mentioned above.

I think I'll email an offer back for around $600-650 with the one hicap, does that sound about right?

Cpermd, if I do this I'll look into that, I have some 4473s from my C&R but thanks for the offer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top