Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2006 4:35:45 PM EDT
Ok guys here's the deal.

I need 3-5 pairs of pants.  These will be for daily wear on a college campus and around town.  I don't like the wierd cut rear pockets of the 511's.  Need to be comfortable, durable, moveable, but still fit in a casual (think Northface fleece w/Newbalance sneakers) environment.  Preferably with some cargo pockets to carry Surefire/spare mags.  I'm 6'1" 275.  54" Chest.  40-42 waist (42 should allow comfortable IWB carry)  Lemme know whatcha got.  Being a poor college student I'd prefer $30 or less per pair.  I'm not above Old Navy/Kohls/etc

Thanks,

Doc
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Cabela's Trailhiker pants:

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:39:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Pleats are soooo 90's!

Seriously, dude, you're in college.  Enjoy it.  Shop at American Eagle and Hollister, and Old Navy, etc.  All your tactical stuff will fit perfectly fine in the cargo pockets of any pair of cargo pants.  However, chicks don't like it when they get bruised up from wrapping their legs around your pistol mags.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:43:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:17:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Heres a thought... buy a pair of Blue jeans............
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:33:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I buy the Columbia pants. Nice enough for business casual (no cargo pockets) but enough pockets that I can separate my cellphone from my mags and my knife from my car keys.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:07:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Do not buy AE pants though, I have a couple pairs and they are made by the WORST CHILD LABOR i have ever seen.  Its not like that quality Vietnamese child labor.  They have fallen apart so easily and would not be advised for ANY tactical purposes.  

Thats my opinion at least.  Kohl's has some nice pants, fleece lined one, and other fairly good quality child labor manufacture.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:24:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I do agree with Delta068 on this one.  I've got some AE shorts I'm gonna return because the zipper teeth are falling out.  But, if you are on campus, invest in some clothes that will allow you freedom of movement to dive out of the way of crazy muslims in SUV's!  Again, though; worry about carrying condoms, not bullets!  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:46:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Trailhikers.  Enough utility and comfort so you can do what you need, but not the "I've got a gun" look of 5.11s, etc.  You can get them for under $30, and they come in a range of colors.  Shorts with the same design available as well.
Wore mine into court this morning in fact.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:49:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Old Navy has a new design of cargo pant out this season thats awesome. I grabbed a pair in Khaki and OD. It is called afatigue pant or something. I will hav to check but it reminds me of the old OD British army pants from the 80's and 70's
Huge and lots of room. I love them.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:20:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm not sure why I checked out a thread on pants but some how I did. Why, and I'm just spit ballin here, would you need to carry spare mags and a Surefire at college. Is this in case you get hijacked by a terrorist while waiting for your Caramel Macchiato at Starbucks? Dude...its college! Get your education, drink alot of beer, and hook up with hotties. There is plenty of time down the road to become a complete gun freak or a gear queer. By the way you mentioned spare mags...what are college kids packing these days?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:24:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Carharts. You can always find them on sale somewhere. They're practically my uniform.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'm not sure why I checked out a thread on pants but some how I did. Why, and I'm just spit ballin here, would you need to carry spare mags and a Surefire at college. Is this in case you get hijacked by a terrorist while waiting for your Caramel Macchiato at Starbucks? Dude...its college! Get your education, drink alot of beer, and hook up with hotties. There is plenty of time down the road to become a complete gun freak or a gear queer. By the way you mentioned spare mags...what are college kids packing these days?

He's a college student.  He might want to save money by buying one type of pants that will look OK in class, but still be durable and useful enough to go shoot in.  But then, maybe I'm crazy.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:23:22 AM EDT
[#13]
pics or linkys , please...
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:30:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:30:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's a college student.  He might want to save money by buying one type of pants that will look OK in class, but still be durable and useful enough to go shoot in.  But then, maybe I'm crazy.

This is correct.  Sorry I've been so long in replying, I'm on Spring Break and in Kansas City visiting family.  I went to the Cabela's store here and tried on some trailhikers, but apparantly I have a long torso and shorter legs, so the reinforced knee patches were at my shins.  Oh well, I guess I'll check into those Old Navy fatigues.  As far as packing on campus, I wish I could.  Our campus is in the middle of Downtown, Atl.  Plenty 'o bums and stuff.  Anyway, thanks for the reccommendations guys.  

Doc

BTW:  I was hoping to swing by Denny's while I was in KC, but my email to him bounced, and he's not accepting IM's.  Anyone know his hours?  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:28:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top