Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2005 7:55:06 PM EDT
My scope had to sit far back because of the charging handle wouldn't clear it when locked back.  I bought a mount from Rock River Arms for cheap for an upper  I ordered.  It's pretty much perfect now.  I like the look of claw mounts more but after trying a Tapco claw, ARMS Claw, and HK Claw with problems I gave up.  Here's before and after pics.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:57:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you get the picitiny form RRA? If not where did you get it? Also how does it attach to the gun? Do you have to drill? Thank you!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:05:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm looking for a good scope mount as well.

Can you still use the open sights with this set up ?

If not ,could they be used if the rings were higher ,
or would they still be blocked ?

Does it require any mods to the receiver ,or does it clamp on ?

Thanks for any answers,I've tried several mounts as well.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:11:33 AM EDT
[#3]
The rail is a B&T mount.  DSA arms carries them.  They are not cheap I think about $90-$100.  The low mount does not block the irons and I suppose with high enough rings you could still use irons without detaching them.  The rings are a 1-piece quick detach setup I bought from rock river for $50.  It uses thumb nuts just like on a removeable ar15 carry handle.  I haven't tested it out yet but I think it should hold a zero if removed and put back on.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:55:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for the info!

How does the B&T rail stay on the gun? Do you have to drill and tap?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:10:27 PM EDT
[#5]
No it attaches to the same areas the feet on the claw mount attach to.  There are four feet that grip these areas.  You tighten it down with 4 hex screws.  I don't really know how to put it into words very well but there isn't any gunsmithing involved.  B&T is a swiss company.  Their products are very well made.  If ou go to HKPro you can find pics with B&T mounts on all sorts of HK's from MP5's to G3's.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:41:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice looking rifle SIG_220.

B&T's clamping block system:

Rock-solid mount that does minimal damage to the finish.

Bruegger & Thomet AG

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:33:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Sweet! So these sell for close to $100?? Thanks again!
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:57:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Factroy MSG-90 butt stock, or is this one of the new top notch units (or another USA produced unit)?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:20:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Factroy MSG-90 butt stock, or is this one of the new top notch units (or another USA produced unit)?

It's top notch.  I couldn't add any non US parts let alone afford the real deal.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 2:02:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
B&T's clamping block system:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/osprey21/IMG_0728.jpg
Rock-solid mount that does minimal damage to the finish.

Brugger & Thomet AG

You do of course realize that those little clamping "feet" are on there upside down, right?  The bevels should face downward.

And DSArms is the US importer and seller of B&T mounts.

Eric
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:30:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

You do of course realize that those little clamping "feet" are on there upside down, right?

lol... yep, you are correct, thanks for noting it.  

I didn't notice they were upside down until after I posted the pic.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:58:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Just checking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top