Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2005 9:05:05 AM EDT
Hi!

Just got myself PTR91K.  Does anyone have one of the POF or HK collapsible stocks on theirs?  Do you like it?  Who has the best prices?  The gentleman who sold me this one replaced the ptr stock set with an HK stockset Wide - black that would accomodate an HK sling.  Looks great, but want to consider the collapsible stock.

I also will need a bipod for the front.  Who has a deal on these?  Any other little items anyone recommends?  I have plenty of ammo and mags already
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:46:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats on your nice purchase.

If I were looking for an collasping stock I would consider the older style concave type. It curves
inward instead of outward. I have linked a pic below:

They are listed for $219 at this link:

www.webspawner.com/users/cheaphicapmags/stockspartsfory.html

Check over on HKPRO for a bipod, they appear from time to time:

hkpro.websolv.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=UBB3&page=4&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:59:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hi!

Just got myself PTR91K.  Does anyone have one of the POF or HK collapsible stocks on theirs?  Do you like it?  Who has the best prices?  The gentleman who sold me this one replaced the ptr stock set with an HK stockset Wide - black that would accomodate an HK sling.  Looks great, but want to consider the collapsible stock.

I also will need a bipod for the front.  Who has a deal on these?  Any other little items anyone recommends?  I have plenty of ammo and mags already

Just realize the HK stock has only two positions - open and closed.  I didn't realize that until after I bought one.  I have the convex type and it works pretty well.

Spooky
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:50:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

If I were looking for an collasping stock I would consider the older style concave type. It curves

pictures.auctionarms.com/211/2cac42e5e19bb1b5d6a8df8fc80ac607.jpg

hkpro.websolv.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=UBB3&page=4&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=

Hope this helps.

Deerslayer40 has them, check over on HKPRO or HK91.  They are brand new
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:55:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Hope this helps.

How difficult is it ot install the collapsable stock? Any special tools or gunsmithing knowledge required???
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:02:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hope this helps.

How difficult is it ot install the collapsable stock? Any special tools or gunsmithing knowledge required???

Very easy - pull two pins, remove stock, slide on new stock, replace two pins...
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:08:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hope this helps.

Very easy - pull two pins, remove stock, slide on new stock, replace two pins...

You gotta love the ease of that
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:11:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the reply.  Looks like I'll be $220 poorer soon!  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:22:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:42:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Good guy to deal with, I bought one, it had an issue, sent it back and they are sending me another one. But you will love the stock, they are from what I can tell as new.

John

Quoted:

Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:06:05 AM EDT
[#10]
madman_kirk,

Now that is one beautiful setup!  Do you mind giving me the lowdown?  What kind of groups are you getting with it?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:11:47 AM EDT
[#11]
i'm looking at getting the ace modular one, not sure on length though
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:22:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Madman

Did that start out as a  PTR91K ?  I assume we can change out any stockset we want without worring about the parts count?  How many US parts do we need in these?  This is what I know these have for sure:

List of U.S. made parts
1.Receiver
2.Barrel
3.Trunion
4..Pistol grip
5.Cocking Handle
6.Hammer
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:30:02 AM EDT
[#13]
did your ptr 91k com with the wide handguard? my ptr 91 k is on its way shipped out this morning
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:33:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Yes, wide hand guard - black.

I'll try to post pics tonight.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:50:17 AM EDT
[#15]
new K's are coming with the slim tactical forend, thats the way mine came 2 months ago, I didn't like it and replaced it with a 93 wide forend

Quoted:
did your ptr 91k com with the wide handguard? my ptr 91 k is on its way shipped out this morning

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:18:38 PM EDT
[#16]
do you need too modife the wide handguard any
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:51:45 PM EDT
[#17]
no it pops right on
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top