Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2009 4:02:51 PM EDT
I have several of those S&W handgun electronic pop-up safes and one of them failed to opened because of weak batteries as i could hear the motor struggle.

I used the cheap ass ray-o-vac AA's that came with the safe and they don't last long at all - replaced all of my safes with new energizer lithium ones

Link Posted: 10/18/2009 5:01:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I change mine every time I change my smoke detector batteries.
Christmas and 4th of July.
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 6:13:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Another advantage of the GunVaults... They've got external power supplies + a key backup.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 6:30:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I change my safe batteries every time my birthday rolls around.  I won't forget.

Link Posted: 10/28/2009 6:40:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I change my safe batteries every time my birthday rolls around.  I won't forget.

famous last words  
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:16:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't mean to flame anyone, but I tried the Gunvault and had numerous failures with it.  I think it's sort of insane to trust a pistol safe that relies on batteries and keypads, and then has lockout routines that cause the safe to lockup if you fail to hit the numbers accurately enough.  I went with a simple American Security safe with a mechanical pushbutton combo lock.   I would recommend it because it is simple.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top