Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 1/19/2015 10:35:19 AM EST
I have a new 762 Socom on my 19" LIlja 6.5 Grendel AR...I actually have ARs with the same exact configuration. Anyway...I noticed a 2" drop at 100 yards when putting on the can from my zero. Is this an acceptable amount of POI shift for this setup? Have the same exact shift on the other rifle but with a ,2mil shift to the right.

Could retiming the rifle help get rid of that .2mil horizontal shift? Seems repeatable from the initial testing...but 2" seem an awefull lot for this can...from what they advitise. I know it may be an issue seeing how the barrel is also a medium contour as well
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:02:27 AM EST
Within the margins of what I've seen. What is the barrel profile and length? A heavy / short barrel will droop less than a long/ light profile will.

There is also the potential that you've just managed to coincide a normal shift that can happen at any degree into the 180 degree so it's combining with the natural flex of adding weight.

Also which can? This is close to the shift I get running a specwar 7.62 on my SPR which is a A2 profile 20". Just adjust your zero or know your come ups between on and off.

Originally Posted By drabchoi:
I have a new 762 Socom on my 19" LIlja 6.5 Grendel AR...I actually have ARs with the same exact configuration. Anyway...I noticed a 2" drop at 100 yards when putting on the can from my zero. Is this an acceptable amount of POI shift for this setup? Have the same exact shift on the other rifle but with a ,2mil shift to the right.

Could retiming the rifle help get rid of that .2mil horizontal shift? Seems repeatable from the initial testing...but 2" seem an awefull lot for this can...from what they advitise. I know it may be an issue seeing how the barrel is also a medium contour as well
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:15:54 AM EST
Their standard on their test guns is 1 MOA and your can passed that before it shipped.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:40:04 AM EST
My understanding is that POI shift is due to extra weight hanging off the end of the barrel, which alters the harmonic nodes for a particular bullet weight / velocity.

As long as precision is not negatively affected, the POI can be adjusted.

I know my 20" Sabre Grendel shoots Hornady 123gr. A-Max consistently 3 MOA lower with a 762-SDN-6 attached. But precision is unchanged.
Top Top