Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2011 5:22:35 PM EDT
I got a kit in today, and the obvious buckle in the front that mounts the NV clip, and the buckle in the rear of the helmet with the ski-boot type tensioning device is obvious,  and fits on the helmet just fine, but I also have a strap that starts with a buckle closure on one end, runs about 15 inches(thin nylon) , then goes into a much thicker, double stiched canvas that runs 8 inches, before the end/buckle closer.   There is a thick doubled-canvas ' U ' that will slide around but was originally on top of the thicker canvas section on the strap.

What is this strap for and how do I attach it, if its needed for this application?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:27:41 PM EDT
[#1]
That is a nape strap although it's difficult for me to explain how to use it. Basically it wraps around the back of the head to help keep the NVG weighted front part of the helmet from dropping over your eyes  however in practice it doesn't work to well. Must users eventually rig up a ballast system in the rear to counteract the weight at the front of the helmet.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 8:36:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Get an ops core bliss system
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 8:42:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I also recieved an Ops-Core triangle mount thing to use on a light-weight bicycle type helmet and that works wonderfully for the $ spent.... just happen to have one of the kevlar miltary helmets laying around and figured I could get that extra harness on it and ready to go in case I ever got bored.  

Its on and working, good enough..... just wonderin what that extra strap was and how it attached.   Thanks for that first reply, was messing with it and didnt figure anything out yet
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top