Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2009 4:49:35 AM EDT

I have a P22 w/3.4 barrel, TI thread adapter, and SWR Spectre. I get light primer strikes with every other round. I fire a round, see it eject, the slide goes into battery loading another round. I pull the trigger and "click", nothing. I check the round and see it has indented the primer but not hard/deep enough for detonation. I tried 4 different kinds of ammo, and 6 different magazines. When I take the can off the gun works without incident. I tried a fieldstrip / relube with no joy. Suggestions?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 7:31:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Does the weapon work fine without the silencer attached?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 3:57:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:39:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Make sure the barrel nut that holds it into the barrel sheath assembly is tight.  If it's loose - the weight of the suppressor on the barrel may push the barrel back causing light primer strikes.  Doesn't take much, had this problem when I used my Gemtech Trinity on my P22.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:32:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I take the can off the gun works without incident.

Silly me.  Its the Thread adapter then.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:48:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Tried it this weekend with a AAC Pilot and it worked like a champ.  Since my Tactical Innovations mount may be to blame what are some other ones known to work with a P22 and Specre?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:00:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top