Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2011 8:37:47 AM EST
I recently picked up an Outback II for use on my P22 and GSG-5 SBR and it sounds different on the two guns. The P22 is the 5" barrel model and is very quiet. The GSG is cut down to 9.5" and I have an adapter screwed into the triple frame where the original fake can was that the real can screws into. I doubt more sound comes out by the adapter, but would it be because the barrel is longer in the GSG and the blowback action of the bolt opens prior to the bullet exiting the muzzle so sound comes out the breech? Its not loud enough that ear pro is needed, but significantly louder than the P22. Would the extra barrel length allow the bullet to go super sonic? The same Remington golden bullets were used in both guns for this.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:46:15 AM EST
Yes and yes. But without some cold, hard data from both guns we could only speculate.
Longer barrel = more velocity
more velocity 'can' mean more noise

Just curious, is it real obvious one is louder than the other or maybe you are hearing the action and it is tricking your ears?
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:51:39 AM EST
I thought it was pretty obvious the GSG was louder. The other guy that was with me thought the same as well. I have some subsonic rounds but the GSG is HV only. Anyone use subsonics in a GSG?
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 2:31:27 PM EST
Shoot some CCI Std Velocity in both guns and you should see a big difference.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:40:16 PM EST
My guess would be that the rounds coming out of the longer barrel on the GSG are going supersonic.

Will your GSG simply not cycle anything but HV rounds?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:52:23 AM EST
My GSG-5 cycles subsonic, but is picky. Remington doesn't work in mine, but fiochi does. YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:14:59 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:44:20 PM EST
looks neat, but way too pricey IMHO
Top Top