Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2012 7:46:16 AM EDT
ANYONE have any idea what the heck these are worth? They were only available for a short time then Steyr switched to the flash suppressor.

Here is a CRAPPY photo I found on the net:

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:41:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you saying you have the entire barrel assembly or just the muzzle brake?

If you have just the muzzle brake, I believe dawg180 would very interested in it.... you should IM him.

I've never seen a 24" barrel in the US without that muzzle brake. (Pete does have a 24" barrel that is different, but that's the exception). All the 24" bipod barrels I know of have that muzzle brake on the end. Never seen one with a flash suppressor.

Worth of the barrel is $1500+ depending on condition.
Worth of the brake is probably $100 - 150.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:52:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

If you have just the muzzle brake, I believe dawg180 would very interested in it.... you should IM him.

I've never seen a 24" barrel in the US without that muzzle brake. (Pete does have a 24" barrel that is different, but that's the exception). All the 24" bipod barrels I know of have that muzzle brake on the end. Never seen one with a flash suppressor.

Just the Brake, all I've seen on new barrels for quite a few years is the closed birdcage style. The unique 14" & 24" styles haven't shipped for a long time IIRC.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:48:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just the Brake, all I've seen on new barrels for quite a few years is the closed birdcage style. The unique 14" & 24" styles haven't shipped for a long time IIRC.

Those barrels are Austrian made and can't be imported thanks to George Bush 2.0.
It seems that Austria has discontinued the 24" LMG bipod barrels, but recently has supplied Uruguay with the same barrel/muzzle device minus bipod.

IM dawg180 about it...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top