Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2004 11:23:49 AM EDT
Anybody have first hand knowledge of these upgrade kist?  Good? Bad? More comfy and stable?

BLSS

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:26:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:35:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I used one during OIF I, overall pretty good set up.  More comfortable than the standard (except the crown area gets a bit sore sometimes.

Lightfighter solution is also a good way to go since it works as well, doesn't cost as much and he is right the straps themselves are a bit of a pain.  They don't hold adjustment very well.  Once you take it off they loose tension so you will have to adjust it once you put it back on.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:09:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The pads are awesome, but the chinstrap isn't as nice as the SDS chinstrap. It costs a little less and makes a nice system when used together with te OA pads.

Do you have all of what you just mentioned in stock right now?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:16:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The pads are awesome, but the chinstrap isn't as nice as the SDS chinstrap. It costs a little less and makes a nice system when used together with te OA pads.

I didn't know they made a set of pads for the Pro-Tec helmet either.  Like Topcrest said, are the pads are available without the OA chinstrap?  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:05:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I have used their stuff for years.  Great guys to work with. Way better than most other commercial upgrades.  

I am stationed in the Portland, OR area and we test/evaluate their stuff all the time. One of the R&D guys from Oregon Areo stops by my office about every two weeks for us to use or give our opinion on new mods or products. They even contrated to have some teflon based socks to be made about 5 years ago and I have yet to wear one pair out yet.

We suggested a few mods to the BLSS to include "turtle straps" and removing the cinch straps in the rear and only going with the front straps. They are going to keep horizontal pad on the back of the head as it is. Hopefully we will see the prototypes in a few weeks.

They are also going to a kydex type plastic on the system versus the lexan that they currently use....... better strength in extreme low temps they said.

They also supply the Protec kits for the PJ's on post next to us.

My BLSS kit is in all green, they also make some in tan too.

If you have any further questions just let me know.

Jason
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:38:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have used their stuff for years.  Great guys to work with. Way better than most other commercial upgrades.  

I am stationed in the Portland, OR area and we test/evaluate their stuff all the time. One of the R&D guys from Oregon Areo stops by my office about every two weeks for us to use or give our opinion on new mods or products. They even contrated to have some teflon based socks to be made about 5 years ago and I have yet to wear one pair out yet.

We suggested a few mods to the BLSS to include "turtle straps" and removing the cinch straps in the rear and only going with the front straps. They are going to keep horizontal pad on the back of the head as it is. Hopefully we will see the prototypes in a few weeks.

They are also going to a kydex type plastic on the system versus the lexan that they currently use....... better strength in extreme low temps they said.

They also supply the Protec kits for the PJ's on post next to us.

My BLSS kit is in all green, they also make some in tan too.

If you have any further questions just let me know.

Jason

tell your bud he can send me one for "T&E"
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:26:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Save up and get a MICH and they come with that system the MICH is lighter and better.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:09:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Save up and get a MICH and they come with that system the MICH is lighter and better.

im only upgrading it cuz i happen to have it already.  im just an armchair commando so a MICH is difficult to justify.  not that ive ever had[/] to justify a new gear purchase
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:42:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Copy that one, but I like to have the best stuff for armchair commandoing around the house and training and such.  What does that upgrade cost by itself?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:11:55 PM EDT
[#11]
the upgrade is about $100-$125 depending on where you get it.  a starving college student like myself would have trouble getting the extra $300 for a MICH.  Id love to have one though.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:53:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:22:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
the upgrade is about $100-$125 depending on where you get it.  a starving college student like myself would have trouble getting the extra $300 for a MICH.  Id love to have one though.

when are you lookign to buy?  i will sell you mine once my ACH gets issued to me (soon)

what are we referring to?  how much?  IM sent.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:29:36 AM EDT
[#14]
If you cannot wait IM me, I have a NIW upgrade I can sell today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top