Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2015 8:15:40 AM EDT
Hello All,

I wanted to possibly get my dad and M1 for Christmas and wanted to see what would be the best way to go about that from the CMP.

I love in Ohio and he lives in Florida.  What would be the best way to get the paperwork filled out?

Thanks for the help in advance!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:28:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hello All,

I wanted to possibly get my dad and M1 for Christmas and wanted to see what would be the best way to go about that from the CMP.

I love in Ohio and he lives in Florida.  What would be the best way to get the paperwork filled out?

Thanks for the help in advance!
View Quote

Is it going to be a surprise? If not, I'd tell him what you want to do, send him the paperwork and which Garand you want to give him and send him the funds to him.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:51:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Order and receive the rifle.  Coordinate with him and an FFL in his state for transfer to him.  Although I did not purchase them for him, I did this when I gifted him an M1 Garand and an M1 Carbine for his birthday.  First I made sure the FFL would accept a shipment from me since I am not an FFL.  I made sure to include a check for the FFL transfer fee which was $25 for both, since they were both going on the same form.  Their policy.  I included a note with his number to come pick up his packages, so they could call him and let him know when they were ready to be picked up.

Order and receive the rifle.  When you go visit, take it with you, stop at an FFL with him, and have them transfer it to him.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 6:27:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top