Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2003 3:48:06 PM EDT

Hi all,

What would be a good (repeatable zero, etc) mount for an HK94? I'd like to mount a red-dot on mine...maybe an Aimpoint, or an OKO, or something.

I'd *like* it to be able to co-witness as well...OR be able to look under the scope and still use irons if necessary. But, neither of those are a real hard-and-fast rule. I'm not horribly concerned about cheek weld with the red-dot.

I had an HK factory mount (with rings built in; not the STANAG mount)...something like that would be nice, but HK factory mounts are expensive, to me.

Any ideas/thoughts?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 7:48:49 AM EDT
[#1]
B&T low profile mount for HK94/MP5 allows cowitness.  I use with my aimpoint.  works great :)

-k
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 6:47:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I use a B&T currently and it works great.  Allows co-witness of dot on iron sights just fine.  You do need to use the Aimpoint ring that allows a very low mount for the co-witnessing to work though.  I also have one other mount in stock that is slightly less expensive.  I will check on that and post details here shortly.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 7:03:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Is the B&T mount quick-attach/quick-detach like the factory mount? Not that big a deal if it doesn't, so long as it's solid...
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 4:20:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Unfortunately the only QD return to zero mount for the MP5 is the ARMs and factory HK claws mounts.  I used to use an aimpoint on an ARMs claw mount and I found that it placed the reticle way too high for my tastes.  Plus if you are planning to remove the mount fairly often, be aware that the thing will eventually tear up the gun.  You won't be able to cowitness with the ARMs, but there is a backup 'tunnel' that you can use your irons through, although obscuring a lot of your sight picture.  The ARMs mount is just as good as the more expensive factory STANAG mount but much cheaper ($150), but I think there are some airsoft clones out there, so make sure you are getting the real thing.

B&Ts are a better mounting option IMHO because they place the reticle much lower to allow for proper cheek weld.  The problem with the B&Ts is that there is no QD feature, and no return to zero since they are held on via 4 allen screws.  I used to use the low pro B&T, and it works well, and allows cowitnessing (with the low aimpoint ring), BUT it was getting dinged up by ejected brass.  This concerned me a bit, so I ditched it.

My current setup is the best of both worlds in my opinion.

B&T 21262 with ARMs #22M68.

It gives extra mounting real estate and the ability to use ARMs QD rings (the ARMs does not fit on the low pro).  

I does NOT allow cowitnessing, but still places the reticle low enough for proper cheek weld.  And with the QD ring, I can quickly dump the aimpoint and switch to irons if I need to.  So I can just leave the base on the gun 'permanently' and keep my zero, while having the flexibility to shoot with irons or the aimpoint with a flip of a lever (ARMs).

This is a bit more expensive of an option, because you have to buy the mount ($150) and the ARMs ring ($80) but I think it is worth it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:34:57 PM EDT
[#5]
HKocher,
 Where did you get the mount from?
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 7:01:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I got the B&T 21262 from a dealer on HKPRO, Mark McWillis.  He's a good guy.

I think I paid around $175, but they seem to be on sale for $150 right now.

sf1000.registeredsite.com/~user880686/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=006575

I can't remember who I got the ARMS mount from, maybe MSTN or ArmyINF, but IIRC it was around $80-90.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top