Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2008 2:38:57 AM EDT
There seems to be fairly wide-ranging agreement that the Springfield "Scout-Squad" rifle is pretty darned nice as an all-around weapon.  My question is, with the forward-mounted rail as a sight base, are there any practical limitations on what kinds of optics that can be used?  I'm thinking about getting one, and I'm 95% sure I won't know what kind of scope / optic to put on it before I pick it up, and 100% sure I won't have the money to get it even if I do know what I want!  I'd just like to know what my limitations are, if any...

The most frequent use will be for deer / medium-sized game hunting, with a secondary purpose of being able to "reach out and touch someone" beyond the range of my 5.56N m4gery.  My goal is to be able to accurately hit whatever I'm aiming at out to at least 300 meters, preferably beyond.  Basically, I want to ensure that I am the limiting factor in taking a deer cleanly out to at least 300 meters, not the gun or my choice of optics...

Thanks for any & all input!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top