Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/23/2005 6:07:24 PM EDT
I know this has been beat to death a few times but I'm gonna ask it to get answers again.

I'm in the market for a quailty optic. Here are the 2 manufactures I've narrowed it down to.

Leupold Mark 4 or the Nightforce NXS. Please post your opinion and why. I need the Mil Dot recticale and also want a good magnification scope. I'm thinking 5.5-22 for the nightforce and 6.5-20 for the leupold mark 4. Please I want honest opinions please.

Andrew
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:53:02 AM EDT
I have no experience with NightForce but have 2 Leupold scopes and think they represent one of, if not the best, overall values in shooting optics. This is based on the following:

1 - Optical quality. I had a Zeiss Conquest (admittedly not a top of the line Zeiss, but a Zeiss none the less) and my Leupolds were comparable in clarity and resolution.

2 - Build quality. Leupold scopes are built very ruggedly and have an excellent reputation for standing up to punishment.

3 - Customer service. In the unlikely even that you have a problem, Leupold will take care of you without any hassle.

I am not saying that Leupold is the "best" scope out there, but it is the best scope I can afford and that makes them a good value to me. If I could afford a US Optics, S&B, or a Nightforce, I would probably get one because they are all excellent scopes.

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:58:58 AM EDT
LEUPOLD, from here: www.premierreticles.com/

Mike
Top Top