Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2005 6:07:24 PM EDT
I know this has been beat to death a few times but I'm gonna ask it to get answers again.

I'm in the market for a quailty optic.  Here are the 2 manufactures I've narrowed it down to.

Leupold Mark 4 or the Nightforce NXS.  Please post your opinion and why.  I need the Mil Dot recticale and also want a good magnification scope.  I'm thinking 5.5-22 for the nightforce and 6.5-20 for the leupold mark 4.  Please I want honest opinions please.

Andrew
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:53:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I have no experience with NightForce but have 2 Leupold scopes and think they represent one of, if not the best, overall values in shooting optics.  This is based on the following:

1 - Optical quality.  I had a Zeiss Conquest (admittedly not a top of the line Zeiss, but a Zeiss none the less) and my Leupolds were comparable in clarity and resolution.

2 - Build quality.  Leupold scopes are built very ruggedly and have an excellent reputation for standing up to punishment.

3 - Customer service.  In the unlikely even that you have a problem, Leupold will take care of you without any hassle.

I am not saying that Leupold is the "best" scope out there, but it is the best scope I can afford and that makes them a good value to me.  If I could afford a US Optics, S&B, or a Nightforce, I would probably get one because they are all excellent scopes.

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:58:58 AM EDT
[#2]
LEUPOLD, from here: www.premierreticles.com/

Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top