Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2017 9:57:06 AM EDT
I just wanted to see if anyone on here has any opinions on the Rebel Silencers SOS-22 suppressor. I was curious because they are having the 50% Down HPA Suppressor Reserve Program deal going on right now. I have always wanted a 22 suppressor, and because i am in college right now, the money situation sucks! I was figuring if the HPA does pass(and i hope it does!) suppressors will be gone over night, so this way i would have one reserved and pay a decent price. but that is only if they are any good.

I forgot to mention, this would be for a .22LR rifle for now, maybe a pistol down the road.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:48:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:50:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you want a can, save up and buy exactly what you want.  

Waiting for the HPA, buying something cheap because it's cheap.... not really good solutions in the NFA world.   Don't buy as much beer, and take the ladies to a cheaper restaurant.   Take all the little money saved (even if it's like $2 on a soda or something) and set it aside.  Keep doing it, even if it's just a dollar.  It adds up quick.
View Quote

Nothing that is being made right now interests me to much that i can realistically afford. I have already waited years putting together a reflexive suppressor on a form 1 for my 6.5 Grendel(that still isnt done). I could always have a second mount done up for the Marlin, but i dont want to go thru the hassle of having to have barrel machined for the muzzle brake. I was/am curious about this suppressor because of price, lay-away/reserve and the numbers look good. I was just hoping someone here would have experience with it as Rebel has the sound testing video claiming 116 dB from a 22 bolt action.  That is inline with a lot of other cans(unless things have gotten way better from last time i looked), but they never showed the meter, so i was hoping at-least someone else here had data or use/experience to back that up.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 12:33:47 PM EDT
[#3]
As Josh said, wait for a $150 warlock instead
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 1:19:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

When do these go on sale like that? I have never seen a suppressor get discounted that much. The most i have ever seen was bundle deals on silencer shop or a sale at Capitol armory, but nothing over 50% off.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 1:45:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

When do these go on sale like that? I have never seen a suppressor get discounted that much. The most i have ever seen was bundle deals on silencer shop or a sale at Capitol armory, but nothing over 50% off.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were $125 over Black Friday 2015

Memorial Day, 4th of July, keep your eyes peeled
I linked a $333 Mask in the deals thread this morning.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 1:50:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok. Let me go find Doc brown and Doctor Who and i will get back to you on that.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 2:18:36 PM EDT
[#7]
It seems you know what you are getting yourself into so if a $160-$180 suppressor (with transfer fees) appeals to you then go for it.

Of some concern- it looks like they are evolving their design though so you may want to find out what you are getting beforehand (the threaded insert appears to be a new feature that wasn't around a few weeks ago).

also I would clarify when you're suppressor would be ready after you pay it off should you decide you want it if HPA legislation appears to be stalled.

personally, I'm all for saving up for a better can. Go visit the psych department or the med school and sign yourself up as a subject for some studies. In my days, those things paid $10-15 a pop. You'd have your suppressor money in no time.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 3:28:37 PM EDT
[#8]
If the "lay away" aspect is important, another option is to just by yourself gift certificates(as funds allow) to a place that sells them.  I know silencer shop sells them, others probably do too.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 3:33:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If the "lay away" aspect is important, another option is to just by yourself gift certificates(as funds allow) to a place that sells them.  I know silencer shop sells them, others probably do too.
View Quote
Capitol Armory easy pay or put it on a CC
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That i didnt know. I will have to look into it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:23:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I donated bone marrow for $100 - each time.

OP. Lots of good advice here. I agree with most - save up a little longer. Can you save $50 a month for three months?

Quoted:
It seems you know what you are getting yourself into so if a $160-$180 suppressor (with transfer fees) appeals to you then go for it.

Of some concern- it looks like they are evolving their design though so you may want to find out what you are getting beforehand (the threaded insert appears to be a new feature that wasn't around a few weeks ago).

also I would clarify when you're suppressor would be ready after you pay it off should you decide you want it if HPA legislation appears to be stalled.

personally, I'm all for saving up for a better can. Go visit the psych department or the med school and sign yourself up as a subject for some studies. In my days, those things paid $10-15 a pop. You'd have your suppressor money in no time.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:07:45 PM EDT
[#12]
There are already some good reviews here. Do a search and you may find them. And there are some independent reviews with meter readings. I's suggest comparing them to The Silencer Shop"s videos with meter readings for other suppressors.

Seems like a good deal... great deal when the HPA passes and the lower cost suppressor isn't saddled with a $200 surcharge, which percentage wise is a much higher portion of the total cost.

JPK
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:31:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
There are already some good reviews here. Do a search and you may find them. And there are some independent reviews with meter readings. I's suggest comparing them to The Silencer Shop"s videos with meter readings for other suppressors.

Seems like a good deal... great deal when the HPA passes and the lower cost suppressor isn't saddled with a $200 surcharge, which percentage wise is a much higher portion of the total cost.

JPK
View Quote

I have searched and I have only found one that related to it. it was this one;
SOS-22 suppressor
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 9:29:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I have searched and I have only found one that related to it. it was this one;
SOS-22 suppressor
View Quote

There was another thread going about the same time. Roughly the same content, but a guy had one in hand, as I recall... Lots of nay sayers with no hands on experience, but a happy owner or two posting.

Get rid of the $200 tax and I'll buy both the 22 and 30 cal Rebels suppressors. I have "enough" center fire and rim fire suppressors, but I could use a couple of inexpensive extras.

Fwiw, I like the idea of their 30 cal can on a 300BLK shooting subsonic. Light, easy to clean, could use cast bullets...

JPK
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 11:11:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

There was another thread going about the same time. Roughly the same content, but a guy had one in hand, as I recall... Lots of nay sayers with no hands on experience, but a happy owner or two posting.

Get rid of the $200 tax and I'll buy both the 22 and 30 cal Rebels suppressors. I have "enough" center fire and rim fire suppressors, but I could use a couple of inexpensive extras.

Fwiw, I like the idea of their 30 cal can on a 300BLK shooting subsonic. Light, easy to clean, could use cast bullets...

JPK
View Quote

I cant find the thread, and i even used normal google and not the search bar here. I guess i will try calling them tomorrow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top