Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2001 11:52:10 AM EDT
The model I am talking about is 20in. target model 1-9 twist, A-2 reciever. Would you say that this is a good gun for the first time AR buyer? Also who sells a good A-2 birdcage lookalike muzzlebrake and will it fit the heavy barrel?
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 11:59:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Bushmaster's are excellent gun's. I got 2 of em' a shorty 16" & a V Match 24". I personally like em' even better than the colt, although some will definatly disagree with me on that. As far as muzzlebrakes Bushmaster will install one by request for about 30 buck's extra or less depending on which one you want. Definatly a good choice go for it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 12:01:18 PM EDT
[#2]
oh yea, and a 1 in 9 twist is what you want no question about it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 5:39:40 PM EDT
[#3]
BUSHMASTER RULES[
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 5:44:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I love my XM-15E2s. You can't go wrong with a Bushy

Alex
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 6:44:40 PM EDT
[#5]
i have the very model you speak of. with the 20" barrel. i baught it a few months ago. It is definatly a good rifle for the first time AR owner. its very reliable and VERY Beutiful.  the only other suggestion id make would be the bushmaster batf approved m4 style carbine. since it is lighter and shorter. but the 20" rifle is probly the best all around even if it isn't the best gun for certain jobs (i.e. precision shooting =vmatch or cqb home defense = m4 or shorty) it seems to me to be the go between of both as a good general purpose rifle.

i would provide a pic of mine (bushmasters pics aren't very discriptive) but i havn't taken a picture of it yet  
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 6:47:19 PM EDT
[#6]
i have the very model you speak of. with the 20" barrel. i bought it a few months ago. It is definitely a good rifle for the first time AR owner. its very reliable and VERY Beautiful.  the only other suggestion id make would be the bushmaster batf approved m4 style carbine. since it is lighter and shorter. but the 20" rifle is probably the best all around even if it isn't the best gun for certain jobs (i.e. precision shooting =vmatch or cqb home defense = m4 or shorty) it seems to me to be the go between of both as a good general purpose rifle.

i would provide a pic of mine (bushmasters pics aren't very descriptive) but i haven't taken a picture of it yet  
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#7]
After reading lots of articles and forums, I chose bushmaster. At first I thought that since bushmaster's are the cheapest AR's, they would be a cheap rifle as well. But after opinions and what not, I was disproved and bought one a month ago, and I LOVE IT!
A3 sights, 20 inch barrel. I've shot mostly wolf ammo and only had problems with it the first 200 rounds, after that it was all broke in and haven't had a problem yet.
Of course my local gunshop had $100 off bushmasters, and that was the icing on cake.
Picked up an A3, 20incher, Y-comp and a 30rnd MAG for $839, Only $200 more then my HK USP 45, can't beat that with a stick!!!
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 8:43:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought a XM15-E2S W/20" barrel a week before the Trade tower bombings, and I am glad I did because since then they have been going up in price from 739.00 to 900.00. Anyway, I have taken this gun to the range 6 times since I've owned it and smoked off about 1200 rds of various type ammo and have had ZERO malfunctions and this gun is awsome as far as accuracy is concerned. I don't think I will ever be dissapointed about my choice of brand or type of firearm. I ordered an AK type muzzle brake for it (gun looked naked with out a cap on the barrel end) and had a armorer I know put it on last week and tried it out yesterday and it worked great and Bushmaster took my order on a monday and I had my Muzzle brake by thursday (great service also) I highly reccomend this particular rifle. I have collected 10 USGI 30 rd mags in the last month and am looking forward to the AR15.com "shoot out" this Sunday in the Dalla/Fort Worth area. Later, John
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 11:17:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I have the same rifle that you are asking about, it was my first AR and my favorite. I have added a two stage Bushmaster trigger, Bushmaster's HK 91 style grip, and a Versa Pod bipod. It has never malfunctioned on me, and I am always surprised at how well I shoot it with open sights. I really like my Bushy
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 5:00:50 PM EDT
[#10]
It was my first AR, the easiest gun to shoot, no one prob. you wont get one if you use quality mags. dont listen to all the "get the M4 config." learn to shoot the 20" the sight radius is much easier to learn on. If you want to, down the road get the M4 upper. And one thing DONT PUT NO DAMN RED BREAK(AK 74) ON A DAMN NICE BUSHMASTER,  LEAVE THAT TO THE TALIBAN AND THE AK ONLY GUYS!
Not only is it nicer bald but its much quieter.
BALOO.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I will add that I love my AK Shorty. The break does what it is intended to do. I don't understand these folks that complain about the noise. Don't people use hearing protection when they shoot. I would recommend the AK style break to anyone.

Oh yeah, I also have them on all my AK's.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 6:38:30 PM EDT
[#12]
what exactly does a break do?
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 6:40:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I also bought the same rifle a few months ago and it shoots great, my own opion on muzzle brakes is that they're a waste of money unless you plan on rapid fire.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 7:32:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 10:31:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
At first I thought that since bushmaster's are the cheapest AR's, they would be a cheap rifle as well.

Cheapest AR's? what about RRA, ASA, Olympic, etc. Bushy's aren't cheap, but they are among the best.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top