Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/6/2002 5:39:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/6/2002 5:51:57 AM EDT by Bravo5-2]
Not that I need another AR, but came across a pre-ban, EA 20" Hbar A2 w/carry handle scope (3x9 cheapie) selling for $650. In nice shape, black finish (possibly recoated? - were they original in grey finish?). No markings on barrel, just "Essential Arms" and ser# on lower. Are EA lowers cast or forged? Is it worth bringing home?

Thanks in advance for your comments!
Bravo5-2

edit to add: anyone know who made the uppers for them?
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 6:40:44 AM EDT
I would definately buy it. I've owned a couple of EA's in the past and they worked fine. One was the original gray finish and another had been refinished with some type of black spray on finish.

For $650 I think it is a good buy.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 7:56:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Ponyboy:
I would definately buy it. I've owned a couple of EA's in the past and they worked fine. One was the original gray finish and another had been refinished with some type of black spray on finish.

For $650 I think it is a good buy.

What he said. I have an EA lower and it is just as good as the rest as far as running. They fit tighter then the rest (push pin wise)but I have owned two myself and they always fired. Upper?? I was unaware that EA had uppers I thought that they had lowers only. Hey if you decide not to buy it email me and I will take it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 7:59:15 AM EDT
$650 for a pre-ban is definetly a good buy. Just remember that in 2 years the prices the distinction of 'post ban' and 'preban' will be wiped out
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:51:52 AM EDT
I wouldn't bet on it. Bush said he would not make any new laws, but he would not get rid of any either.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 11:06:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Armed_Scientist:
$650 for a pre-ban is definetly a good buy. Just remember that in 2 years the prices the distinction of 'post ban' and 'preban' will be wiped out

As much as I wish you were right, I am not betting the farm on that, in fact, would bet against it.
Pit
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 2:00:40 PM EDT
bravo5-2..if you dont get it, please let me know. I have been searching for EA preban and I am in MN as well.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 4:07:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/6/2002 4:09:27 PM EDT by Bravo5-2]
Thanks to All for your feedback.. looks like I'll pick this one up. Have a NIB Russian SKS (Tula Arsenal '54) that will most likely get used for trade.

Took another look today, upper is marked w/"M" (Martin-Marietta?), appears to be GI Upper/Barrel. Scope is Tasco Rubber Armored 3x9 on a Leatherwood Mount. Damned if when I looked at it, not only was in a hurry, I didn't have my glasses on, price is 699, not 649!.. will have to try some negotiation.

Guess all this business travel pays dividends every now & then.

THANKS Again to ALL!.. Your input is appreciated.
Bravo5-2
Top Top