Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/12/2003 1:21:52 PM EDT
I've had good luck with most of the Cold Steel knives I've owned, how about you? Who would be interested in purchasing cold steel products?
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 3:34:42 PM EDT
Me...are you setting up shop?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:51:36 AM EDT
Thinking very seriously about it, just wanted to get a feel for how popular they might be before jumping in with both feet.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:03:46 AM EDT
Well now you say something. I just bought my wife a set of Cold Steel Kitchen Classics for Mother's Day (Hey!, she wanted them). Other than that, we each have a Cold Steel folder for daily carry and we love them.

I plan to buy more in the future.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:32:54 AM EDT
I have been a COLD STEEL fan for quite some time, and own quite a few:

#242 Intruder Bowie
Recon Scout Bowie
SRK
Master Hunter
Hai Honcho
2 sets of the 2 sized Kitchen Knives
#2xx Master Tanto
San-Mai Master Tanto, (not the limited # ones)
Gunsite folder, Med.
Voyager 4" folder
Voyager 3" folder, (Tanto blade)
Recon 1 4" folder, (clip-point)
Several "covert" zytel Tantos
Delta darts
Bushman knive, lrg.
Original Ty-Lite, (titanium model)
Recon Tanto, all I can remember at this time..

and just ordered a "Laredo" Bowie, from the www.islandsecuritystore.com/policeandsecuritygear_knives_coldsteel_fixedblades.html for $220 shipped, which ain't a bad price, and if you can get your Cold Steel knives at this type of savings I'd buy a few more.

Mike

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:42:19 AM EDT
I love Cold Steel knives.I don't believe I ever felt a sharper edge on any knife I've personally held. Problem is mine have all been lost, or given away. I've had 2 Recons, from back when they had a pointer brass pummel, & silver blade. 1 lost in the Bitterroot mountains in Idaho, & 1 given to a friend who admired so much I just had to give it to him. I had a 5" Colouden, that is now somewhere at the base of White butte in North Dakota. I still have the Bushmaster sitting razor sharp in my dresser drawer that I haven't managed to loose or give away.
I got a flyer once from Cold Steele on factory seconds that are greatly discounted for minor imperfections, & that is how I should buy them as I don't seem to be able to hold onto 1 under using conditions long enough to make buying a perfect one worth my while.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 8:02:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/21/2003 1:11:56 PM EDT by Merlin]
I have 3 CS knives:

SRK, Master Hunter and a Voyager medium Tanto with all serrated edges (it was a closeout). Very good knives for the money.

For a large knife, I still like my BK&T Desert Tan Crewman, though.

I'd stay away from the 420J steel blade CS knives, however. While I don't have any, the talk on the 'Net at Bladeforums, is not favorable.

Merlin
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 4:57:45 AM EDT
I bought a 5" Voyager 3 weeks ago for carry.,& I have sending for their new DVD MORE PROOF on my to do list for this week.. I will also request a list of factory seconds, & see if it turns out cheaper than any possible group buy.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 9:30:12 AM EDT
Searcher,

You can see CS' 2nd's at their site here:

http://www.ltspecpro.com/

Also their closeouts and Monthly specials.

Thanks,

Merlin
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 8:07:10 AM EDT
Thanks Merlin, I'm on it!
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 5:12:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Searcherfortruth:
I had a 5" Colouden, that is now somewhere at the base of White butte in North Dakota.

what were you doing there?

Link Posted: 7/26/2003 5:28:01 PM EDT
I just love that place. I've been there about 10 times since I discover it. I know where there is a Rattler den on the south side, & I have collected many dino bones, & 1 Indian knife blade, petrified wood, & agates there as well. It's funny, I have learned that a harsh environment always seems to require something from you when you venture into it. I have given up something of value to me every time I have gone there. I'm not superstitious, but it is really odd how it always seems to happen.
Do you know the place?
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 6:02:35 PM EDT
yeah, Nd is my home state

my brother and i went there once because it's the highest point in the state

i love north dakota

wish i was living at home now

Page Armory » Blades
Top Top