Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 6/12/2003 1:21:52 PM EDT
I've had good luck with most of the Cold Steel knives I've owned, how about you?  Who would be interested in purchasing cold steel products?
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 3:34:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Me...are you setting up shop?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:51:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Thinking very seriously about it, just wanted to get a feel for how popular they might be before jumping in with both feet.  
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:03:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Well now you say something. I just bought my wife a set of Cold Steel Kitchen Classics for Mother's Day (Hey!, she wanted them). Other than that, we each have a Cold Steel folder for daily carry and we love them.

I plan to buy more in the future.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:32:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I have been a COLD STEEL fan for quite some time, and own quite a few:

#242 Intruder Bowie
Recon Scout Bowie
SRK
Master Hunter
Hai Honcho
2 sets of the 2 sized Kitchen Knives
#2xx Master Tanto
San-Mai Master Tanto, (not the limited # ones)
Gunsite folder, Med.
Voyager 4" folder
Voyager 3" folder, (Tanto blade)
Recon 1 4" folder, (clip-point)
Several "covert" zytel Tantos
Delta darts
Bushman knive, lrg.
Original Ty-Lite, (titanium model)
Recon Tanto, all I can remember at this time..

and just ordered a "Laredo" Bowie, from the www.islandsecuritystore.com/policeandsecuritygear_knives_coldsteel_fixedblades.html for $220 shipped, which ain't a bad price, and if you can get your Cold Steel knives at this type of savings I'd buy a few more.

Mike

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:42:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I love Cold Steel knives.I don't believe I ever felt a sharper edge on any knife I've personally held. Problem is mine have all been lost, or given away. I've had 2 Recons, from back when they had a pointer brass pummel, & silver blade. 1 lost in the Bitterroot mountains in Idaho, & 1 given to a friend who admired so much I just had to give it to him. I had a 5" Colouden, that is now somewhere at the base of White butte in North Dakota. I still have the Bushmaster sitting razor sharp in my dresser drawer that I haven't managed to loose or give away.
I got a flyer once from Cold Steele on factory seconds that are greatly discounted for minor imperfections, & that is how I should buy them as I don't seem to be able to hold onto 1 under using conditions long enough to make buying a perfect one worth my while.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 8:02:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I have 3 CS knives:

SRK, Master Hunter and a Voyager medium Tanto with all serrated edges (it was a closeout).  Very good knives for the money.

For a large knife, I still like my BK&T Desert Tan Crewman, though.

I'd stay away from the 420J steel blade CS knives, however. While I don't have any, the talk on the 'Net at Bladeforums, is not favorable.

Merlin
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 4:57:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought a 5" Voyager 3 weeks ago for carry.,& I have sending for their new DVD MORE PROOF on my to do list for this week.. I will also request a list of factory seconds, & see if it turns out cheaper than any possible group buy.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 9:30:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Searcher,

You can see CS' 2nd's at their site here:

http://www.ltspecpro.com/

Also their closeouts and Monthly specials.

Thanks,

Merlin
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 8:07:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Merlin, I'm on it!
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 5:12:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I had a 5" Colouden, that is now somewhere at the base of White butte in North Dakota.

what were you doing there?

Link Posted: 7/26/2003 5:28:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I just love that place. I've been there about 10 times since I discover it. I know where there is a Rattler den on the south side, & I have collected many dino bones, & 1 Indian knife blade, petrified wood, & agates there as well. It's funny, I have learned that a harsh environment always seems to require something from you when you venture into it. I have given up something of value to me every time I have gone there. I'm not superstitious, but it is really odd how it always seems to happen.
Do you know the place?
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 6:02:35 PM EDT
[#12]
yeah, Nd is my home state

my brother and i went there once because it's the highest point in the state

i love north dakota

wish i was living at home now

Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top